totally clueless...

Discussion in 'HTC Snap | Ozone' started by cherryalmond, Aug 12, 2009.

1. cherryalmond

cherryalmond New Member

totally clueless...

Hi, I am new to smartphones; I got the ozone about a month ago and I really like it but i know i am not using it to its capability. What i want to do is customize it but i have no idea how; i've been reading on these forums about 'hacks' and a registry editor. are there directions somewhere on how to customize using the registry editor and how to use the hacks--i mean simple directions, like really basic directions. Also what's a cab; i dled an app---i think it was clock cz i wanted a simple alarm clock and i couldn't get it to work...i'm confused but i'm a fast learner so i just need to be pointed in the right direction.
    thanx to all! i really like this forum, glad i found it
    ella
  2. DECGTC

DECGTC New Member

Hi, I am new to smartphones; I got the ozone about a month ago and I really like it but i know i am not using it to its capability.

Being this device is new, I think we are all attempting to figure out how to use it to capacity. In fact many mobile device sites, such as this one, do not even have it listed in their forums. Until the phone picks up momentum (popularity wise) we all have to slowly try things we used with previous devices...

Also what's a cab;

A cabinet (.cab) file is a library of compressed files stored as a single file. Typically on our devices, you transfer the files to the mobile device (ActiveSync) or copy the file to the memory card and re-install in mobile device (there are other ways too). You will then select that file directly on the device for it to install.

Other files come as executable (.exe) files which you would typically open on a desktop where it would install via ActiveSync to the device.

(Disclaimer: I'm not trying to be all inclusive of all the different file formats... Trying to stick to the actual question)

Registry editors... Someone else can jump in here... Can be dangerous (Read: Hard Reset. You won't brick the phone (usually) but you will lose all saved settings and data so #1 rule is BACKUP). I personally do not know of a tutorial but, for the most part, those posting the hacks seem to post pretty good instructions to follow. Like I mentioned at the beginning --- Anyone care to help out with this?