Took the Seidio Plunge

Discussion in 'Motorola Q Accessories' started by breitt, Jun 8, 2007.

1. breitt

breitt New Member

Took the Seidio Plunge

Well, I took a chance today and ordered the new rubberized case with extended battery capability. http://www.seidioonline.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=752

It was just too tempting. I hope I don't regret this. I'll be providing a detailed review when I get this. Was this the one that was released previously with tons of problems and then recently redesigned, or is this a brand new style/model?

There's supposed to be a holster coming out for this in a few weeks.
  2. Frozengeek

Frozengeek New Member

3. breitt

breitt New Member

The first clip you link to-the one you're getting-is the holster for the "naked" Q. That one has got to be problem-free I would hope. That will be my next choice if this whole rubberized case business doesn't work out. Please let me know right away how you like it.
    Thanks.
  4. Frozengeek

Frozengeek New Member

Yeah, I am getting the one for the naked Q. I was a bit unsure of how much the rubber case would add to the thickness of the Q.

The second link is for a Q with the rubber case. If you wanted a belt clip to go with it.

I will let you know how it goes. I should get my case tomorrow somtime. I also ordered a 2.5mm to 3.5mm headset jack adapter so I can plug my Q into my fm transmitter and listen to Sirus radio in my truck. Unfortunatly we do not get Sirus or XM here in alaska via Satellite just via the net.
  5. seidioseidio

seidioseidio New Member

The version (rubberized case) we are offering is the newly redesigned type. It should fit well with all Qs.

Let us know how you like it. or if you have any probem.

Thank you

Seidio Management
  6. Duke4062

Duke4062 New Member

Isn't self promotion against the rules?
  7. fusion1

fusion1 Member

Without Seidio, we'd all be complaining about the battery more than now. You should be nice to the guy. Let them post all they want, the more help and dicussion and feedback from companies the better the products for us consumers.
  8. Frozengeek

Frozengeek New Member

Belt Clip

Well I have had my belt clip for 2 days now and so far I like it. I put the link to it at the bottom. The best part is I can leave it in my case and still plug the charger in.

Over all it seems to be a sturdy case, I put my Q in it and gave it a couple of good yanks and it is will not come out.

It is fairly easy to get the Q in and out of the case one handed but not as easy as I thought. If you turn the Q sideways on your belt it is much easier to remove than straight up and down. But it has only been 2 days now and I will update the thread as I use it more.

It would be nice though it there was a case designed more like the blackberry case or the original motorola startac where you could just slide the Q in and out without having to lift the clip up.

When I had a startac the case that came with it was slick, the phone slid in and out and held it pretty securely.

http://www.seidioonline.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=452
  9. fusion1

fusion1 Member

FrozenGeek how would you compare the case/holster to the Speck Toughskins for Q? I bought one of those and am contemplating returning it as the phone is nearly impossible to remove from the holster even with 2 hands. With the Speck once it's in the holster forget about charging it. I do like the Speck rubber case though. How would the Speidio case compare?

EDIT: I didn't realize this review was for the holster for a naked Q. Don't mean to hijack, but how does the rubber Speidio compare to the Speck Toughskins rubber case?
  10. Frozengeek

Frozengeek New Member

Actually I think I was the one to hijack the thread. Breitt who started it bought the Seidio rubber case for the extended battery. He would know better than I would since I have never used a rubber case with my Q.

I did purchase a velvet case made by bodyglove it allso hade a belt clip attached, but the case made it hard to push the softkeys so I don't use it anymore.

http://www.bodyglove.com/products_detail.php?product_id=20682

I thought about the rubber case from siedio but was abit gun shy because of the problems with the last case. That's why I went with the belt clip for the naked Q. So far I love it.

If Breitt likes his case I might by the rubber case and belt clip combo.
  11. Duke4062

Duke4062 New Member

No Doubt, I'm not a hater. Though I have never once complained about the Q's battery life. My complaint is usauly because I buy a car charger and never have to use it. With the Q I actualy get some use out of my chargers!:laugh2:
  12. breitt

breitt New Member

I should have it by Wednesday. So far, Seidio's doing good in the communication dept. I received prompt e-mails regarding the purchase and shipping data. I'll keep you updated.

Take care...

Brian
  13. Frozengeek

Frozengeek New Member

Glad to hear that they are so responsive and keeping you notified as to your purchase. So many time have I purchased products and gotten the shaft, it is nice to hear that a company is intrested in you even after the purchase.
  14. breitt

breitt New Member

Just received it.
    The Good: The item is well-made, feels good in the hands, allows good key/soft-key functionality.

The Bad: Alas, the rubberized case does not fit correctly. It is VERY close, and will, in fact, provide 90% snug closure on the phone, but there is a small section on the right side of the phone that never completely closes. It closes enough so that the case remains on the phone, but there is still enough play where one hears a "creaking" sound when pressing down on the phone and I would not feel secure about the case providing adequate protection if it were to fall.

I am not "mad" at Seidio, perse. What they are trying to achieve here is admirable, but requires a level of mechanized precision that I fear an outsourced factory in China cannot accomplish. That is not to say that China cannot make precision products; but the level of fine-tuning necessary for this product requires a level of interpersonal, hands-on feedback and communication that a factory located on the other side of the globe from Seidio company heads cannot achieve. I believe there are too many nuances of proper fitting in this scenario to allow a 2-piece snap-fit to be feasible. This case may fit on other identical phones just fine (I have the Sprint Q) but even with machine standardization, a fraction of a millimeter difference can render the whole process useless.

I also received the 2100 battery/battery door combo and am very pleased with it so far. Though I haven't had a chance to adequately test battery life, the fit of the battery and the door are perfect, and I am still able to use the OEM charging cradle with everything in place.
  15. jayman

jayman New Member

Seido is a great company .. Hope the case works out for you, I am looking for something to replace the Sena that broke when I tried to take my black Q out.
  16. seidioseidio

seidioseidio New Member

It sounds like the case is not completely on. Try removing it and putting the left side clips together then snapping the right clips in. The only time you should have any give at all would possibly be on a Verizon silver phone and even then there shouldn't be any "creaking". The clips are quite flexible so don't worry about being completely delicate. If you need technical support, please call 832-204-1118 and ask for Kelvin.

Thanks