Tonight at the Verizon Store....

Discussion in 'Samsung Saga' started by EQBob, Feb 28, 2009.

1. EQBob

EQBob New Member

Tonight at the Verizon Store....

I went in tonight to the VZW store to cancel my Q line. When I got my Saga, I kept the Q on the account because there was 2 months left on the 2-year contract and at a shared line rate, that's $20 vs. $90 to terminate early. Pinheads.

Anyhow, so I go in and after cancelling, I ask if they have the Saga yet. I get the standard response of no, special order, maybe later in the year, etc. I tell them that's too bad, you could be selling a lot of them. So the guy looks on my account and says oh...you have one...to which I say yep.

He says rather excitedly do you have it with you.....to which I say yep.

He says even more excitedly can I see it, to which I say yep...<G>

So for the next 20 minutes, my phone is passed around to clerk after clerk after clerk, tha manager comes out of the back to see it, they're all asking me questions about it, battery life, emailing, touch screen, optical mouse, etc. I was the hit of the store (not that there were many people there to compete with <G>).

I jokingly asked the manager if I can get a discount on next month's bill for conducting training for her sales force. She laughed and said....uh..no. Oh well <G>.

Still amazes me that this phone isn't in the stores, as good as it is.
  2. Vazguard

Vazguard Active Member

That's funny. It'd be really cool if you got that discount.
  3. Sav

Sav New Member

I would've been a little uneasy if they were all looking at my phone. I hate letting people see my phone, let alone people I don't know.

I'm new to all this Saga stuff, so how do you have one if it's not released or something yet?
  4. EQBob

EQBob New Member

I was right there in front of them. They couldn't do anything that I couldn't see what they were doing. Mine is with me in a corporate environment most of the time anyhow. There's nothing on there really that would "get me in trouble" / embarass me.

It is released, it just doesn't appear to be in most stores for some reason. You can order it via VZW on-line or telephone sales, no problem.
  5. Sav

Sav New Member

Thanks for informing me...

I don't have anything on my phones that no one else shouldn't see, and even if I can see what people are doing on my phone, I still don't like them messing around with it. To each their own...
  6. EQBob

EQBob New Member

I hear ya...if they had asked to take it in the back or something, no way... but I've had enough co-workers look at it and play with the mouse and stuff that it doesn't bother me much...and people did the same thing when I had the Q.

Funny...I never see people do that with a BB :tounge:
  7. Sav

Sav New Member

Hey! Maybe because BB owners actually care for their BB's because they are such amazing devices and that's why they don't want others touching it. :laugh2:

I'm kidding. I actually didn't have a come back for that. But fyi, a lot of people ask to see my Bold...
  8. larsdennert

larsdennert Active Member

HAHA for once the vzw people had to wait in line. It's cool to see some enthusiasm from them. That's nice. I'm still trying to swap some numbers around so I can hand off my Q to an employee and sync the Saga.
  9. fr4nk1yn

fr4nk1yn New Member

If I didn't see a Saga last week I saw something real similar.
    My wife thought that mouse thing was the best.
  10. EQBob

EQBob New Member

If it was blue, it was the Saga. Personally, I love the blue. I think it's kewl.

And the mouse is kick ass. Every VZW person last night said they all hate the Omnia because the mouse pad area is too small.
  11. fr4nk1yn

fr4nk1yn New Member

It was blue.
    She really liked it but the way it looks she'll get her Q9 replaced with either a Treo Pro or maybe the rumored HTC Cedar.

Of course we have Sprint.
  12. EQBob

EQBob New Member

I can't even keep track of all these phones...the names mean nothing unless it happens to be the one you have or want in which case you remember it <G>