TomTom 6 and Q9h

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9h' started by U-2, Apr 16, 2008.

1. amonteyaccount

amonteyaccount New Member

Can someone clarify the q9h gps capability for me?

Ive had my q9h for about 6 months. I started using the GPS together with google maps.

THen I tried to use it with TomTom Nav6. I dont think my q9h would even let me install the software. Im tried to install the version for pocket pc. Does anyone have any tips to get this installed on my q9h? Is this the right version, or is there another version that I should be installing. Anyone know where to get it?

Furthermore, I heard that the motorola q9h is aGPS, and even if I could still install it, I would have to connect to a real GPS device for TomTom Nav6. Is this true?

Any help would be greatly appriciated. Im starting to consider giving up and buying a stand alone GPS.
  2. MotoQ9h Owner

MotoQ9h Owner New Member

Hi There amonteyaccount Hope I can Help U :)

The pocket pc version will not work. U will have to install the version for smartphone. I have TomTom 7 and it works great. I love it. Also just a tip is, u may want to install Microsoft_Smartphone_GPSID_Settings. That is what I used to setup the correct speed and port for the internal GPS. Then u point TomTom or any other program to that port. But yea U will have to download the version for smartphones not pocketpc. Hope this helped. If u have any questions feel free to email me back at motoq9howner@hotmail.com. Have a great Day :2cool:

3. U-2

U-2 New Member

The last smartphone version was TT5. But both TT6 and TT7 for PDA will work. The version 7.450.9030 for PDA does not even require the Fakecursor, because it does not treat 'up' & 'down' buttons as a volume control (that was the main reason for using Fakecursor - inability to scroll through maps/lists)
    Unfortunately, TT7 first was officially released only for HTC Diamond and TT6 was removed from TT USA website. I do not know how to get it via official channels. But we live in Internet era...:)