TomTom 6 and Q9h

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9h' started by U-2, Apr 16, 2008.

1. U-2

U-2 New Member

I removed this hack after I checked the CPU usage - this hack causes home.exe to use 50% cpu and slow-down applications (including navigation) and battery drain. I think, constant updating of the icon bar was the reason.
  2. U-2

U-2 New Member

I had no problems whatsoever installing latest TT6 on my Q9h. Did you try to install it via TomTom Home?
  3. ross2852

ross2852 New Member

WM6 standard device?

dunu if this helps, but on my MotoQ9h:

i just took the whole folder (drag n drop) and put it on my storage card

so in the main directory i have
    1. 1 Folder for my map
    2. TomTom Navigator 6 folder
      1. in that folder there's: contacs, itn, logging, microbrowser, voices, currentmap.dat, data.chk, navigator.cfg, TomTom Navigator.exe, ttmobile.bif
  4. ross2852

ross2852 New Member

ah intresting, thanks- but did this help you see that with com1 and 3- after tomtom shuts down the GPS turns off as well.. and goes back to that GPS state and not the blinking checkbox with com4-

but good to note- once i get this working to where i want it, ill put that nubmer back to 0.

how do you see CPU usage on your phone?

-Ross
  5. U-2

U-2 New Member

I am using acbTaskMan
  6. ross2852

ross2852 New Member

kewl thanks-
  7. ottonok

ottonok New Member

Bot working for me :-(

----------------------------------------------------------

I have Keyboard Layout=00000409
    ( german one )
    and tried to enter "d0" or "208" but it does not work under tomtom
  8. U-2

U-2 New Member

Does layout switching work w/o TomTom running?
  9. ottonok

ottonok New Member

thanks for the question . while trying out, I switched the phone off/on after changing the registry and since then it worked within TomTom

It does not influence on other "Smartphone programmed" applications.
  10. ottonok

ottonok New Member

P.S.: I forgot, I do not hear the "beep" when pressing long
  11. U-2

U-2 New Member

It affects the typing of the phone nubmer from the Home screen on my phone.
  12. imukherjee

imukherjee New Member

Tomtom 7 with q9h ? uilt-in or nmea.. need modaco com4 fix or not ?

How are you guys getting TomTom to work with the intermediate driver ? Right now if try any of the ports with Tomtom 7 and either the NMEA or built-in mode it doesnt find th GPS data -- Is this simply bcoz the GPS is turned off or bcoz the data is not available on the com port ? In short I guess what I am asking is do I need to installl the modaco COM3/4 fix and then use the launcher by U2 ? last time I tried the modaco hack in conjuction with GPSTest it seemed to come on, but didnt find any sattelites in 15 min, and the battery started draining in 2 /3 hrs .. I assume bcoz it wasnt turning the GPS off, and maybe U 2 s launcher will solve that problem.. just wanted to ask how exactly you guys are going abt it..

Also u-2 u said u configured ur gps to COM3... how did you do that ?

thx in adv for all ur help
  13. imukherjee

imukherjee New Member

followup ..same result as agnulag .. "no gps"

I installed the launcher and am using it to fire up Tom Tom .. it comes up with a blank map but does not find any gps.. same result as agnulag .. built-in gps setting does not work and none of the COM ports/baud rate settings with NMEA work .. (in terestingly COM3 is not displayed on the lust there. I wonder why)
  14. spec7

spec7 New Member

sorry, this has probably been covered, but i couldnt find it when i was searching. how do i get tomtom 6? i checked their site and it didnt show anything. so i dont know how all of you have it.
  15. U-2

U-2 New Member

I am using Microsoft GPSID utility.
  16. U-2

U-2 New Member

UK version (choose United Kingdom in the top left corner) of the TomTom site still has it
    http://www.tomtom.com/products/category.php?ID=2&Language=1
    On the USA version decription is still there, but there no "Buy" button
    http://www.tomtom.com/products/product.php?ID=286&Category=14&Lid=4
    I would not buy version 6 now, because it does not support the new maps (7xx, 8xx)
  17. U-2

U-2 New Member

Updated the MyTTLauncher.exe for TomTom 7.

Attached Files:

18. mexiken

mexiken New Member

Quick question. Is TomTom the app that requires fake cursor because its made for PPC, or is that another ???? If not, why is the launcher being modded ????
  19. U-2

U-2 New Member

Launcher is for Tomtom 6 & 7 for PPC.
    I had to modify it for TT7 because of odd problem: in the navigtion mode (even in the route demo mode) TT7 hanged on after 15 sec. If any button was pressed, it came back. It looks like TT7 does not work correctly with Q9h power manager. The modification is simple: every 5 sec the launcher sets power mode to "ON".
  20. MotoQ9h Owner

MotoQ9h Owner New Member

TomTom 7 GPS on MotoQ9h :)

After u read this. If anyone would like me to email them back the correct port and speed settings I used. feel free. motoq9howner@hotmail.com
    I got the MotoQ9h about four days ago and love it. TomTom 7 Works great. To set the correct port and speed settings on the internal gps chip. You will need the program Microsoft_Smartphone_GPSID_Settings. That is all i used to get the gps working for TomTom7. I am attaching the info I had written for TomTom 7 a few days ago so u all can read it.

Yes you can use TomTom with the Motorola Q9h. You will only need to download Microsoft_Smartphone_GPSID_Settings in order to setup the correct port and speed settting on the internal gps. I have read things that people talk about having to download and use Fakecursor. Yes the MotoQ9h is not touch screen, but u still do not need Fakecursor in order to use TomTom Nav on MotoQ9h. My secret is the key between the calender key and the +0 key at the bottom of the keyboard. U can use this key to swich between typing out letters and numbers. In the case of typing out an address. U have probably seen that if u try to type out the name of a street, or the name of the city u will get numbers instead of letters on certain keys. Well folks that is where u can use what I call my magic button that I told u about ealier =]. All u do is hold the button down till u get a beep, let it go and then u can type all the letters u need in order to spell out the street or city, if u have to type in a number u hold the key down again till u hear another beep and then u can type all the numbers in u want, like for the zip code or number of street address. All u have to do to switch between inserting number and letters when typing an address route u just hold the key down till u hear a beep and can switch between using numbers or letters. Hold It down the first time it switches to inserting letters. Hold it down again it switches to inserting numbers. Hold it down again and it will switch back to letters again and will allow u to go back and forth all u need in order to put in an address. I found this is alot easier and alot faster then using that Fakecursor program. All I needed to get the gps to work with TomTom is.

1. Microsoft_Smartphone_GPSID_Settings
    2. TomTom Software w/ Activated Maps ( Yes I bought the Maps)

So Everyone your Welcome! for the one that may use this to fix their issues for TomTom on the Moto Q9h (AT&T)

Not GPS related, but for the ones that have the MotoQ9h congrads on what I believe is a very wonder and powerful smartphone. Just make sure the first thing u do with it is update it to Win Mobile 6.1. it has some great improvements.

GPS works great =]

To everyone I may have helped out there that has questions about using TomTom on MotoQ9h. Feel free to ask. I may work on a detailed guide for everyone out there, but do not have the time right this second. Maybe coming later.

:2cool: Take care everyone and Good Luck :) :2cool:

Attached Files: