TomTom 6 and Q9h

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9h' started by U-2, Apr 16, 2008.

1. mexiken

mexiken New Member

LOL, and I thought about that after I sent (how you put hex) up there. But since I was at a meeting and wasn't supposed to be on my comp anyway, I didn't edit my post. LOL, woops.
  2. fire00

fire00 New Member

many thanks guys.
    using Resco Registry Editor I can create choose from following new values:

1) Key
    2) String Value
    3) Multi Line String Value
    4) Binary Value
    5) DWORD Value

which one is to be created? I gues DWORD right?

does the value d0 (208) mean that the ERT-DFG-XCV (123-456-789) key mapping is set to letters and not numbers when using apps like TomTom or Smartphonenotes?

I did that DWORD entry pls check with my screenshot, restartet, but nothing changed. Am I doing something wrong?

Attached Files:

3. U-2

U-2 New Member

DWORD is correct.
    I've posted a list of values that (I think) are relevant to the keyboard layout toggling. May be your firmware has dropped support for it, but, just in case, could you check the other values?
    But please, do not change them, I played with these values and blocked the keyboard at some point. I was able to restore them only by using remote registry editing.
  4. fire00

fire00 New Member

folks I made it thanks to you ! I made changed the value d0 then pressing the contacts button resulted into a short beep again and doing this I was able to switch to the proper mapping.

thank you very much!
  5. ross2852

ross2852 New Member

I'm still trying to figure this out, everything works on mine without your patch, all i need is somethign to turn off GPS when i close TomTom, cuz it eats my battery alive when it stays on-

I installed teh MyTTLauncher.exe in the same directory as the tomton navigator.exe is... then do i open the myTT file? im getting nothing when i open it,

Thanks,
    Ross

*Also, I cannot find a way to select places from a list, i can move the list down by pressing right on the d-pad, but no luck in selecting from a list, b/c pressing down lowers the volume-
  6. U-2

U-2 New Member

To start TomTom, click on tt.lnk
    TT.lnk is a text file, you can modify it if on your phone path to TomTom is different from \Program Files\Navigator\TomTom Navigator.exe

You can choose first item on the list by pressing "Enter"
  7. ross2852

ross2852 New Member

Sorry that was confusing, when i try to modify tt.ink on my phone, i try to adjust the shortcut but it still doesnt help, also, even when i click on the .exe itself it wont open anything-...
  8. U-2

U-2 New Member

.exe file take a path to TomTom as a parameter, so clicking on it will do nothing.
    Please, post your paths for TomTom, launcher and your lnk file and I'll tell you what's wrong.
  9. ross2852

ross2852 New Member

I'm guessing i dont know how to edit the .ink files-

K, so my TomTom is located in: \Storage Card\TomTom Navigator 6
    i'll probably put the tt.ink file in the main storage card directory- thats it-

thanks again for helping me-
  10. U-2

U-2 New Member

I've changed content of the lnk file to reflect your install
    141#"\Storage Card\TomTom Navigator 6\MyTTLauncher.exe" "\Storage Card\TomTom Navigator 6\TomTom Navigator.exe"?\Storage Card\TomTom Navigator 6\TomTom Navigator.exe,-101

tt.lnk can be anywhere, but if you want to access it from the "Start" menu, put it to "\Windows\Start menu\"

Attached Files:

• tt.zip
      File size:
      216 bytes
      Views:
  11. ross2852

ross2852 New Member

aweeesome it works :) thanks so much!

-wish i could help u with somethin now heh-
  12. ross2852

ross2852 New Member

last question, my GPS takes like several minutes for it to get the satellites-

i had the at&t tilt before this and it took probably half the time, maybe less- because it had the QuickGPS program installed-

are there any programs like that for the Q9h?
  13. U-2

U-2 New Member

Unfortunately, I do not know such program+server with data for TI Navlink (which is GPS chip in Q9h) and I miss quick fix I had on my HW6515 (Globallocate AGPS chip) as well.
  14. ross2852

ross2852 New Member

dang... i gotcha

now do u think/say that com4 is faster than com3? cuz when i turn on com4 it will not turn off, even when using your exe-
  15. mexiken

mexiken New Member

You can try GPS Test. It usually helps get a lock faster. Do a Google search for it, you should find it.
  16. U-2

U-2 New Member

How do you know that GPS is not turned off?
  17. U-2

U-2 New Member

Honestly, I do not know how it is possible and I doubt it is true. Application, if it does not utilize somehow chip-dependent AGPS support (and this will require access to the server with ephemeris data) cannot reduce the TTFF - everything is done inside the GPS chip itself.
  18. ross2852

ross2852 New Member

To Display a GPS icon on the top of your screen to tell you whether its on or not:

HKLM\Services\LCAService

Change DisplayIcon from 0 to 1 and restart your phone.

There will be a nice little GPS icon in your icon bar that has the following indicators:
    GPS = GPS off
    Flashing ))) alternating [check] = GPS Active
    Flashing ))) alternating [x] = Acquiring Fix

found that using com 1 and com 3 will keep it off, but if you use com4 it will stay on the whooolle time and drain ur phone- so im sticking to com1 or 3
  19. ross2852

ross2852 New Member

yehhh i got v1.04- doenst seem to speed it up any faster than tomtom, but thanks for the comment :)
  20. gadgetluva

gadgetluva New Member

Hi everyone, I have TT6 for my Tilt and I was trying to install it to my WM6 Standard device and it keeps failing. can anyone direct me to instructions on how to get this to work?