Tiles not always updating when they should?

Discussion in 'Windows Phone 7' started by jtzako, Dec 23, 2010.

1. jtzako

jtzako New Member

Anyone know why one app might randomly not get its push notifications? I'm using weatherbug, and for the first few weeks it seemed fine and would update every interval based on its settings (30 minutes in this case). Lately, however, it randomly does not update. For example, it currently shows the temp etc from yesterday evening so it has missed more than 20 update cycles. I've had this issue quite a lot lately and cant figure out why.

I tried opening the app and hitting refresh data. That does update the current weather data inside the app but doesnt change the tile. I also tried rebooting the phone and that seems to help but it takes a while for it to decide to update again. Eventually though, the problem comes back.
  2. ninjaap

ninjaap Moderator

That would be a problem with the app and something the developer needs to fix.
  3. jtzako

jtzako New Member

Well, the app pushes have to go through MS servers also so really could be their issue.

I've also noticed that it appears the Marketplace stops working when this issue starts with the weatherbug. Once I reboot the phone the marketplace works again and weatherbug eventually updates its tile.
  4. ninjaap

ninjaap Moderator

You could very well be correct, but I have HTC live tiles that updates weather no problem. If it is a server problem, then wouldn't all live tiles from 3rd party apps have the same problems? I stopped using Weatherbug for a while now and the Marketplace still crashes for me once in a while and seems to be a problem for many people as well.
  5. joriginaloak

joriginaloak New Member

I also get this problem with market place crashing.....I simply turn the phone off and reboot and its fine. like all computers they need a reset every now and again. leave them switched on and they begin to crash. thats my theory anyway...I just reboot each morning....keeps it running tickety boo!
  6. termleech

termleech Member

I actually had both weatherbug and the weather channel running on my phone over the weekend and the weather channel updated consistently with no issues whatever. Weatherbug seemed to not work more than it worked. So I've switched to weather channel for now. I liked having the push notifications of severe weather but those only seemed to work half the time with weatherbug anyway.
  7. jessytimothy

jessytimothy Guest

I also faced same problem when I was working with it. It is not problem of yours. It must have to fix with the developers, I already reported in its website, I hope its updated version will release soon.