Threaded Messaging Problem

Discussion in 'Samsung Jack' started by dwilk, Feb 3, 2010.

1. dwilk

dwilk New Member

Threaded Messaging Problem

I love this phone and hate this threaded text messaging. It's clunky. There is no way of disabling it through my settings so I decided to dip into the registry.

Everyone and their brother says I need to Get to the HKCU/sofware/microsoft/inbox/settings/OEM folder and add a key. I'm smart enough to do this except all of those folders seem to exist besides the OEM folder. Last freakin' one.

Anyone had any luck with this on the Jack? Hallllp me.
  2. dwilk

dwilk New Member

Already answered my own question. Turns out if you put PHM on your phone, it grants it full acess. You have to install it from the file explorer (it will install to the program files/PHM Tools folder). You then navigate to the settings folder and create the OEM folder yourself, by adding a key and naming it OEM.

All you have to do after that is go to "value" and enter new value as a D-Word. You set the Value name to SMSInboxThreadingDisabled and set it's value data to 1.

Restart your phone and there you have it! No more threaded messages.

Seems like the jack does not come default with the OEM folder. Creating it yourself seems like a weird method, but whatever. It works!

*Also as a side note, be sure to delete any text messages you have before you change it, or you won't be able to delete them when you restart your phone. If you accidently do, just go back to the registry editor, switch the value back to 0, restart your phone, delete the messages, switch the value back to 1, and then restart your phone again and you should be golden.*