Thoughts On Seidio 3200 Mah Extended Battery>??

Discussion in 'Motorola Q Accessories' started by CadillacSTS06, Jan 25, 2007.

1. jhartman

jhartman New Member

Well I found it!

I found a PRIMO case for the Q with the 3200 battery. Check out the Rugged case offered at http://cgi.ebay.com/RUGGED-Blackber...Z007QQcategoryZ108606QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem I am not affiliated with this site but wanted to share my pleasure with dealing with this vendor as well as telling all of the Q users that use a 3200 battery what an AWESOME fit this RUGGED case is. I have been looking for a quality case for my Q since I bought the 3200 battery and wanted to share this AWESOME case (and seller).
  2. keoni415

keoni415 New Member

Extended Battery

We have been using the Seidio 3200 battery here in our Company phones (3) for two months now. They are excellent. Unfortunately they are a bit unsightly. I've gotten use to the feel of that humpback look but they don't fit into the dash mounts now. We're still working that one out. It would be nice to have an extended battery that is slimmer and actually holds a chrage for the day. Just my 2 cents.
  3. da84tona

da84tona New Member

I have the same problem sometimes, it doesn't happen often but i'll plug it in before I go to bed and it says its charging. wake up in the morning and it is on one bar. i think my problem was the back light stayed on all night for some reason, so every night before I charge it I end all processes and basically reboot the phone then plug it in. hope this helps

I Love the battery. I don't have to be afraid to use my phone! and I use it ALOT! I find the added thickness actually improved my grip and cradle of the phone, and it didn't really bother me. Weight really wasn't an issue either. my only concern is with the cover, as it doesn't fit tightly up against the back of the phone and leaves a small gap, which might allow some kind of moisture or something to sneak in. no problems so far (knock on wood)

The problem i'm running into with my 3200 Mah is that now it seems like a full charge doesn't last as long. When I first got the battery, it lasted about two days with my usage habits. now, it will only last a day with the same usage habits in the same area as before. Is this normal or is there something I can do to counter-act this?
  4. rickmorris

rickmorris New Member

Seidio 3200 Battery DEAD

I have had my Seidio 3200 battery for my q for 3 months now...worked great..and then noticed the charge was not as strong...yesterday it died..thought my q had bit the dust...went to Verizon and checked it out and put my old battery in and everything is okay...Verizon tested my Seidio battery in a brand new Q and the battery is no good.

For the price would have expected more than 3 months useage....not expecting any support from Seidio since their warranty appears to be 30 days.
  5. seidioseidio

seidioseidio New Member

Rick,

I apologize for the problems you had with your battery. Our batteries are actually warrantied for six months. Please send your contact and original order information to forum@seidio.com and I'll make sure you receive a replacement.

Thanks,
  6. da84tona

da84tona New Member

so should i be worried mine will bite the dust soon too? ive had mine about 4 months
  7. rickmorris

rickmorris New Member

still no luck with dead seidio battery

I have emailed the copy of my invoice to everythingq and seidio. Q called me from Inverness a few miles up the road from me promising that they would be sending a return authorization in which I would pay the shipping costs both ways...now it is Feb 2 and I haven't heard a peep from either seidio or everythingq...glad I bought another battery from verizon to cover me. Any help out there?

Rick Morris

8. seidioseidio

seidioseidio New Member

Rick,

I did get the email you sent this morning, and it looks like there was some confusion since your product was purchased from one of our vendors. I now have your information and will make sure it's taken care of first thing Monday morning.

Thanks,
  9. da84tona

da84tona New Member

up :laugh2:
  10. dukeofbluz

dukeofbluz New Member

im on 3 days and still have 2 bars left, i love it!

Duke
  11. lil_sunshine

lil_sunshine New Member

Q9M/C 3200 mAh Battery Door

I've got the 2100mAh for my Q9m, and I love it. I think there may be some lemons out there, but these a probably good batteries overall.

I just wish Seidio would get on the ball and release a battery door big enough to cover the 3200 mAh for the Q9M/C. I could really use the extra power. Does anyone know if this will ever happen?
  12. sulster

sulster Active Member

Bring It!

I just ordered the 3200 monster from the Everything Q Store. CAN'T WAIT to not have the constant Charge in the Office/Charge in my Car/Charger at Home paranoia!! :)
  13. sulster

sulster Active Member

Sorry to double post--I read all the posts now and am interested in whether you had any additional issues with yours?
  14. TreeFrog

TreeFrog Active Member

Happy camper you will be..

-Yoda
  15. sulster

sulster Active Member

Woo hoo! Arrived yesterday evening & charged overnight. I'm trying to find which of my programs (if any) will show the remaining MaH instead of a %.

Been through some majorly heavy use since about 8am (~2 hrs) and 100% charge... i am leaving apps open and just generally acting w/o regard to battery to try to get it run down some.

I would estimate it makes the phone about 2x as heavy as with the original battery. It is somewhat thicker than the Motorola Extended battery-- I can tell it's a different battery but not *that* noticable. since I carry y Q in my purse, this doesn't matter to me as much as it might to someone who clips their phone to their belt.

I am glad the Everything Q store was out of the 2100 MaH batteries, as I was leaning towards that one, but *had* to order one this week. I think that I m going to be happier with the extra juice and, since I understand that the 2100 one is the same size as the 1640, the size/weight difference is negligable to me vice the addd power.
    Just my thoughts posted on my Q
  16. da84tona

da84tona New Member

Its still alive and kicking, strong as a horse
  17. sulster

sulster Active Member

Awesome! Thanks for responding.
  18. RUGBYNUTT

RUGBYNUTT New Member

19. rickmorris

rickmorris New Member

Thank you and sorry for the delay in responding. SEIDIO replaced my dead battery and now I've been back in business again. Great response from SEIDIO.

Rick
  20. mlong316

mlong316 New Member

Interested in this battery or the 2100

I just got the Q about 2 weeks ago, and damn the battery sucks! I ordered one non OEM battery and charged as recommended , showed charging on phone... I let charge for 24 hours like recommended... when I went to turn on... nothing!!! I took out battery and put in old one... works fine. SO now I am scared to use a non OEM battery. I have read at other places that only use OEM battery because any other brand ( and oc course this is from Motorola and they want their money not someone ese ) will cause damage to phone, but all I seem to find in OEM is a 1640, which I do not think that will help much. Everyone seems to be happy with this battery with a few exceptions but it seems the company has adjusted those concerns. Any other thoughts on what I should do???

HELP!