Thoughts On Seidio 3200 Mah Extended Battery>??

Discussion in 'Motorola Q Accessories' started by CadillacSTS06, Jan 25, 2007.

1. flyme

flyme New Member

Does anyone have one that sits flush with the battery installed?
  2. dhcalva

dhcalva New Member

I am noticing that the gap on mine is getting smaller. Maybe the plastic is bending a bit in use and it will eventually be flush...

Still, i wish it was flush now.
  3. nags

nags New Member

I got my battery and it works awesome. I can go forever without a charge. The one thing I've noticed though is that sometimes I'll charge my phone the entire night and when I unplug it in the morning I only show 2 bars. If I take the battery out and put it back in it'll show 3 and last just like it should.

Anyone know what would cause that?
  4. nags

nags New Member

Now I just pulled the battery as usual and put it back in and instead of reporting a full battery like usual it's showing 1 bar......
  5. nags

nags New Member

bump? :angry:
  6. extremum

extremum New Member

I don't meant to talk down on the battery - I like the thought of having a super-duper 3200Mah battery, but that kills the phone concept of having a slim smartphone. From the looks of the new battery cover, it makes the phone look like a portable rear-projection TV. Any chance a battery like this will come in slimmer form?
  7. nags

nags New Member

The battery is thick and I had my concerns as well. However, the phone fits in your hand a million times better with it and after only a few days of having it on there I dont think I could go back to the stock battery.
  8. extremum

extremum New Member

My dilemma is, I have a standard-fit protective case for the Q, and it will BY NO MEANS stretch that far, like trying to get a horse in a pair of human Speedos. :tounge:

IF there's a higher-capacity battery available to fit the OEM cover, I'll all over it.
  9. nags

nags New Member

I guess I'll just give Seidio a call tommorow.. Just wanted to make sure it wasn't a problem with my phone :(
  10. nags

nags New Member

Now it's jus flat out not taking a charge :(
  11. daniel

daniel New Member

im pretty sure seidio made this, you just need to check their website.
  12. the_grantster

the_grantster New Member

Yes it does last longer but in a way it takes away what made the Q nice. It makes it a lot thicker where most cases cant hold it and it make it really bulky if you put it in your pocket
  13. itsernst

itsernst New Member

Great info...but what case do you use? I just bought my brand new seidio 3200 battery on ebay for 35 bucks :)
    I have a case now, i dont know who makes it but, now that i have the new battery on the way im curious as to what case will fit it?
  14. fusion1

fusion1 Member

Are either of them available yet? I checked the website and the 2100 crystal and rubber cases with holster still says coming soon. There is no information on the 3200 cases at all. When will the 3200 case be available? Later this summer?

itsernst, where did you find the 3200 for that cheap? I did a search on ebay and I didn't find anything for seidio.
  15. itsernst

itsernst New Member

I just searched moto q seidio, and it was the last one on the search, i believe the guy had just posted it. 35 bucks buy it now brand new...just got lucky :)
    The cheapest i have seen them before that was 57.95 on ebay.

16. Penguin21

Penguin21 New Member

3200 battery is great!

I have to disagree. It does not feel like a roll of quarters. It really is not that much heavier and it lasts for 3 days for me!! I am so happy I purchased the 3200 battery. All my frustrations about the battery issue are over. It is now actually much easier to hold on to also!
  17. jhartman

jhartman New Member

Seriously...has anyone found ANY type of pouch that will fit the Q with the 3200 battery without having to use KY Jelly to get it in and out? I know this is asking way too much but I'd like to secure it using a clip that slides through a belt as well...and YES, I'd like fries with that! Thanks:2cool:
  18. Penguin21

Penguin21 New Member

A great leather holster with Leather rotaing clip for Q with 3200 battery

I finally found something that works great! It is an all leather holster with a LEATHER rotating clip (won't snap off like the cheapo plastic ones do). It is made by foneGEAR. It is actually designed for a Blackberry but fits the Q perfectly with the 3200 battery! It is a holster, not a pouch which I like a lot better! I bought it at CompUSA for $19.99. Good luck!:2cool:
  19. jhartman

jhartman New Member

THANK YOU! THANK YOU! I went out to foneGEAR's website and they have bunches of cases. Do you happen to have ANY model number? Thanks again, John:laugh2:
  20. Penguin21

Penguin21 New Member

On the foneGEAR website it is the one made for Blackberry model 00397. I got mine at the store, you can always go to one of the stores listed on the website and try it out for yourself to be sure that's the right one, but I am 1000% positive it that one for the Blackberry.