Thinking of switching...

Discussion in 'Sprint' started by Sathanvs, Dec 14, 2009.

1. Sathanvs

Sathanvs New Member

Thinking of switching...

I've been on AT&T for the better part o the last 10 years. I've never had a cell phone with any other carrier but because of AT&T's rising costs, I've been thinking of switching. Verizon seems to be just as costly, so I'm focusing on Sprint for now. Can some of you sprint users give me feedback on your service and how happy or unhappy you are with them. I'm looking for good and bad, so I get both sides of the story. Thanks to all who reply!
  2. berger1980

berger1980 New Member

I've been a Nextel, then Sprint user for 9 years. I used to have problems with customer service, but when they made major changes, CS was majorly improved. I have had no problems in the past couple years, and never had to call cs, except to add another line. The plans are reasonably priced, and if yo uwork at a supporting organization/government entity, you receive phones at cost, and 15% off your bill also. I will stay with Sprint as far as I can tell, and am actually on my way to upgrading my handset to the new Hero. I'm an it guy, and it takes a lot to impress me, and they have always supported my needs. You want a nice Q9c? :) I will be putting it in the marketplace within a week with the Monaco aluminum case.
  3. Sathanvs

Sathanvs New Member

Send me some pics if you can. I def would be interested. Also some idea of what your looking to get for it.
  4. stormin07

stormin07 New Member

Sprint CS and service has been pretty good for me. Only issues were coverage when traveling to remote areas of the country. I have had my Moto Q9C replaced 5 times with no problems.

The only reason that I am considering leaving Sprint, which I may not. Is if another carrier has THE Android phone. And if the new gPhone is truely unlocked and has CDMA then I will stay at Sprint. Cheaper service.
  5. berger1980

berger1980 New Member

Man I tell ya, after 2 days of hard negotiating, I did finally order 2 new phones. I first spoke with 3 foreigners, which makes me unhappy for 2 reasons. Reason 1, you obviously can't understand them, and vise-versa. And 2, us business folks should get better service than that.
    I actually threatened, (and this time I would have done it!!) To take my family to another competitor. Luckily I was transferred to retention, and he understood my predicament.
    Long story short, I received the 69.99 everything data, and another voice plan for my folks I pay for, all for $95 and change.
    Moral of the story is, if you ever get discouraged, threaten to go elsewhere, and you will get what you need to stay.
  6. mitch2010

mitch2010 New Member

I've been a Sprint customer since 2007. I didn't get a smartphone until this past Thanksgiving. Since being an elite customer on a Everything Data Family Plan, I've realized how poor their customer support and coverage truly is. Before November, I had the standard flip phone so I didn't use their services beyond voice and text messaging. Now, I have everything at my disposable but unfortunately either the phone or network is unreliable. I've been sent text messages but they never come to my phone. It's only after the fact when I'm talking to friends or family they ask why I never replied. I've also missed calls that my phone never received. Most notably, I was on the Vegas strip trying to use the Sprint Navigation to go from Caesar's Palace to where I was staying. The Navigation application kept saying there was no gps coverage available. Needless to say, my boyfriend and I ended up driving around aimlessly for two hours and ended up in a very bad part of town. I'd advise you to make sure you live in an area with good coverage before signing a contract with Sprint.