Thinking of Getting a Q

Discussion in 'Alltel' started by CaseyK, May 27, 2008.

1. CaseyK

CaseyK New Member

Thinking of Getting a Q

This may be a dumb question, but I'm new here, so bear with me.

I'm very interested in getting a Q. The thing is, I have no interest in text messaging, internet access, or having my email pushed to the phone. I am in front of computer most of the day, so I simply want a good PDA to sync my Outlook and files with. I stopped at the Alltel store today, and was told I could not have a Q without a data plan. Is there any way around this? If I bought one off of Ebay, would I be able to just transfer my service over to it? And if so, is that something I can do over the phone?

I appreciate the wisdom from all you experts out there.
  2. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

welcome aboard....

good choice.
  3. xXxNELSONxXx

xXxNELSONxXx Member

i had this EXACT question and am yet to hear back from anyone. my q should be arriving in the mail in the next 2 days, so when it does, im going to call alltel over the phone and see what happens.

4. elmerg

elmerg New Member

I am also new here with the same question. I want a PDA without internet access and am going with US Cellular. I purchased a Q but did not yet set up a phone account with it.

5. xXxNELSONxXx

xXxNELSONxXx Member

still havent gotten mine shipped to me yet, but when i do i will call and see what happens. going to be pretty upset if they wont activate the phone.