Think my Q has died. Any hope?

Discussion in 'Motorola Q' started by acrunchyfrog, Aug 20, 2009.

1. acrunchyfrog

acrunchyfrog New Member

Think my Q has died. Any hope?

I've had my Moto Q for about 2.5 years now. It saw a lot of use for texting and a bit of data, nothing terribly extreme. I charged it like usual the other evening, took it off the charger and checked the time as I crawled in bed, and the following morning I woke to find that my Q was unresponsive. I figured it was a dead battery, so I plugged it into my computer to charge...no dice. I tried the wall charger...nothing there, either. I even went to the Verizon store and tried a couple of new batteries. Still nothing.
    Seeing as how it's over 2 years old, I'm not terribly surprised. I was hoping to hold out for some of the newer phone debuts, but this might be forcing my hand.

Does anyone have any advice on reviving my phone? Or failing that, is there a way to retrieve my phone numbers, pics, etc?

Thanks for any help.
  2. rszabo

rszabo New Member

same here

The exact same thing happened to me this morning. I would love to hear if there is anything we can do to save the phone and data.
  3. bitco

bitco New Member

Same here also. Plugged it in to charge before going to bed and next morning it was dead. I tried another battery and nothing. I bought another Q on ebay and when I activated it on Verizon they said I had to sign up for a data plan costing a minimum of $29.99. With the old Q I had a pay-as-you-use data plan. As much as I like them, I'm probably finished with the Q's.
  4. gorin002

gorin002 New Member

no never had that problem
    could you rurn it on with other battery and format it ?
  5. rentilrebo

rentilrebo New Member

Try holding the center button while starting your phone. My Q froze a few months ago and when I restarted it, it wouldn't get past the green Windows screen. It will hard reset your phone and you'll lose everything but it might save you having to get a new phone.

And try MyPhone to save your numbers, texts, and pics next time.