'Theme' of the Month (Part 2)

Discussion in 'Q Home Screens and Wallpapers' started by n99hockey, Jul 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

'Theme' of the Month (Part 2)

Ok so heres the deal....
    We had a good turn out with last parts theme so lets keep it going. Thi is 'Theme of the Month' - Part Two Homescreen Creation Thread

So from July 14st to July 31st create and post as many screens as you want, with no design restrictions.

This parts theme was chosen by Kaylabeers. All you homescreen designers get 2 weeks (or however long the rest of month is) to design and post them up.

This month there will be NO Voting

Comprende?? :laugh2:

So this months theme will be:

Scenery of Water/Water Scapes

Good Luck!
  2. kaylabeers

kaylabeers New Member

Waterscapes :tounge:

Have fun everyone!
  3. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

added that for you:laugh2:
  4. kogama

kogama Active Member

Attached Files:

5. inscracefan24488805

inscracefan24488805 New Member

My Theme of the Month Homescreen Entry

I'm going to be doing two homescreens in one post. I live in Vincennes, Indiana and when I saw what the theme was, I looked for pictures of the Wabash River and found the picture that I used here. I was playing around with the PAINT.net program and decided to use the black and white picture as well as the color photo. Hope you all like these! The picture was taken last month when the river was very high.

Black and White Version
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here's the color version.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

As with my other homescreens, these require Facade and SmartMonitor. PocketWeather is optional.

Attached Files:

6. kaylabeers

kaylabeers New Member

Nice idea to use local scenery. I want to go take pictures of the Colorado River now. LOL.
  7. inscracefan24488805

Local Scenery

I'm glad that you like that. My sister took that picture last month when the river was up. I can hardly wait to see what you get of the Colorado River.

Cindy
  8. kogama

kogama Active Member

I dont have any rivers around no wait theres a cool gigantic lake with a cool fountain in the middle but its out of walking distance..ill try...
  9. inscracefan24488805

It sounds like that'll work too. It seemed like a no-brainer for me to find pictures of the Wabash River and use them. Vincennes is located on the banks of the Wabash River.
  10. Geekster

Geekster New Member

Serenity

View attachment 3753

[​IMG]

I "borrowed" docmac's messaging plugin & gave him credit in the xml. That is one of the cleanest "scripts" ever! Credit where due.
    *@ docmac, since I didn't ask for permission before I used it you do have the right to ask me to change the xml file w/out your messaging script. I would not be offended or upset (Well, upset a little, maybe) . I should have asked you first. *

Attached Files:

11. Geekster

Geekster New Member

Beach (At the dunes, baby!)

Picture of Lake Michigan at the dunes in Silver Lake, Michigan.
    I can say I went 4 wheelin' over the large dune sceamin" freakin" fast & survived. :laugh2:

View attachment 3755

[​IMG]

*& again, thanks to docmac's messaging plugin & credit in the xml*

Attached Files:

12. stockspeed

stockspeed Member

Nice screen kogama.

The words are a little hard to read, but I like the graphic. Looks almost like Christmas lights across the top. Pretty cool.
  13. Geekster

Geekster New Member

Coppertone Girl

I know it's not a "beach, water" scene but it's the Coppertop Girl & again, I have to do something a little different. But you guys know that by now, right?
    ~~everything is spelled wrong b/c I was separating it from my backup folder & I forgot until now. Not changing it, lazy. *sigh*~~

View attachment 3757

[​IMG]

*Again, thanks docmac*

Attached Files:

14. kogama

kogama Active Member

Lol thanks
  15. Geekster

Geekster New Member

Get My Mobiler ** ...it's free, easy and quick.
    Get better screenshots.
    I like your HS too. :laugh2:

**Do the freakin search thing!! HAHAHA!!
  16. stockspeed

stockspeed Member

Geekster....I am now in Florida, but I just had to respond... Not only did I own three 4 wheelers as my first three vehicles when I was a kid (in Ohio), and beat the begeebers out of them 4 wheeling...but later in life I work in western Michigan in Grand Rapids, and LOVED it. I think my favorite locations were along the lake...like Zeeland, and Holland, even Muskegon. Never got to Silver Lake but it looks nice. The sand dunes were a favorite in Zeeland and Holland, which is probably why I eventually ended up in Boca Raton Florida.

Anyway, I just had to respond when I saw "sand dunes and Michigan". lol....And by the way...Nice screen.:2cool:
  17. kogama

kogama Active Member

Lol is it that much better than my cp screenshot lol
  18. Geekster

Geekster New Member

They are closing them down a little at a time. Silver Lake is getting harder & harder to get in to b/c everyone is going there! Busy, busy. But last month I witnessed a broken collar bone, a broken leg & a broken drive shaft (all separate)
    Talk about fun! Glad it brought back memories for you.
    *That pix was taken with my old E815 cell phone*
    **Disclaimer--I have never broke a bone 4 wheeling--gotta be smart, alert & prepared** :wink:
  19. stockspeed

stockspeed Member

Okay...last time off topic in this thread mods...I promise....

"**Disclaimer--I have never broke a bone 4 wheeling--gotta be smart, alert & prepared**"

Exactly!!! My Uncle had a WWII willys jeep and used to harass me about the roll bar I had in my Bronco's ('67, '73, and '75). He used to say "one day boy I'll show you how to drive this thing where you don't require and idiot bar". Too funny. LOL
    [​IMG]
    That's my Bronco on the right. Old 4 wheeler gang from those days at some off road jamboree we were at. I think southern Ohio races, where I saw the first Big Foot 4X4X4. They always had trail rides at these races and one bunch of drunk guys flipped their CJ and one of them ended up with a broken collar bone...nice to know that the young kids are making the same mistakes we did years ago...:2cool:
    [​IMG]
    Not mine....but some day I'll visit ebay and end up with one.
  20. docmac129

docmac129 New Member

Geekster,
    Thanks for the mention!! I am glad the message coding helped u and you dont have to remove it from your great HS's. They are looking very nice!:smile:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.