The storm is here

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by I8qbert, Nov 21, 2008.

1. firecracker37

firecracker37 New Member

Ummmm, Sorry RB, NOT happening lol. I am all for Chris sending his around the world. He could even buy another one and write it off as a "research project" lol

From what I have read/watched from every review I can get my hands on, the OS for the Storm is conciderably better then the Curve. The Storm is now in BBOS v4.7 or something like that, and has a ton of new features.

For anyone who just kinda wants to "play" with the software on the Storm. You can go to http://www.blackberry.com/developers and download an emulator. It won't be quite as good as having the real thing in your hands, but it will give you an idea as to weather you like the software or not.
  2. fr4nk1yn

fr4nk1yn New Member

So I didn't read the whole thread but you guys do know it doesn't have WM? x:
  3. firecracker37

firecracker37 New Member

That is the part that I'm kinda scared of. I've gotten used to so much of my WM software, that it will tough to switch over and find the BB equivalent, but I will still have my Q close by if I really need to play an SNES game or anything.
  4. sherri

sherri Active Member

I originally posted this in the wrong area, but I am one of those really stubborn people who knows what she likes and likes what she knows. (I bought a new laptop and paid extra to "downgrade" to Windows XP Professional).

I like and "know" windows, so I will be sticking with windows mobile also!
  5. Weapondrift

Weapondrift New Member

yay new products!
  6. jlank

jlank New Member

Anyone know if the Storm has built in wi-fi? I looked but didn't see it listed. I'm at work so it's kinda hard to really surf the net look.

Thanks
    Joel
  7. jlank

jlank New Member

Never mind found another thread that states it doesn't.
    Thanks
  8. ninjaap

ninjaap Moderator

Played with the Storm yesterday, at the VZW kiosk, at the mall. I was really interested what the clicking screen felt like. To me, it feels exactly like the soft keys, power internet, and mail buttons on my Q9h. It's flat and pops back up. So I guess, this tech isn't exactly revolutionary. It's been used by our Q's for a while now. It's nice, but I'm sticking with my Q9h with windows. Waiting for the Moto Attila to be released, which I'm hoping would have that clicking screen as well.
  9. fr4nk1yn

fr4nk1yn New Member

Actually.. The softkeys on the Q are still buttons.
    The touchscreen is a screen with nothing to "click".
    So having you compare it to the buttons on the Q would make me think is "revolutionary".
    I haven't looked at one yet.
  10. jlank

jlank New Member

I played with one the other day. It had been handled alot and god knows how many were actually open. The phone felt slow to me but it may be because it was a demo. I really liked it overall. the screen size was nice as my eyesight is not quite what it used to be. Typing on it was pretty smooth. if they get the os right I might just have to switch from 9m/9c hybrid with 6.1.
    Joel
  11. firecracker37

firecracker37 New Member

Having played with one a lot (since it is now my daily driver), I must say that it will take some getting used to. After I'm done with all the forum/e-mail checking, I'm going to write up a review to post here. Hopefully I'll have it ready tonight.
  12. ninjaap

ninjaap Moderator

Yah, I guess you can look at it that way. The screen actually clicks. Think of it as one giant soft key with a touch screen. So the whole screen depresses and pops back up (I think... that's what it looks like to me). But at the same time it recognizes which area of the screen you touch.

Looking forward to it.
  13. chris

chris Administrator Staff Member

If you've ever used a trackpad button on a MacBook or MacBook Pro, that's the exact feel when you press the screen.
  14. fr4nk1yn

fr4nk1yn New Member

Uh Oh!

Oh another too short message..
  15. sherri

sherri Active Member

Sticking with my Q!!
  16. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

you have my address right ? when i am done with it, i'll ship it to Scotty :}
  17. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

schweet....:laugh2:
  18. Weapondrift

Weapondrift New Member

turns out with my company I can get one of these things for 187$. Altho tempting I think Ill just ride out my current contract wich ends in April and get a brand new phone with a service contract for free.