The "Still No Mango For Me Yet" Thread

Discussion in 'Windows Phone 7' started by yoninrod3, Oct 3, 2011.

1. yoninrod3

yoninrod3 New Member

But there's hope in the horizon for those of us who haven't tasted it yet. Here are some words of encouragement from the man himself Eric Hautala:

http://windowsteamblog.com/windows_phone/b/windowsphone/

Hello everyone. Six days ago we started rolling out the Windows Phone 7.5 “Mango” update around the globe. Here's how it's going.

Within the first hours of making it available, we saw successful updates in every country, on every carrier, and for nearly every Windows Phone model. (To see which ones are currently getting it, see Where’s My Phone Update?) On behalf of the engineering team, I want pass on a big thank you for updating your phones so quickly, since it helps us gather the data we need to make decisions more rapidly.
    In fact, the update success rates we’re seeing look so good we’ve decided to open the spigot ahead of schedule, and make Windows Phone 7.5 available to 50 percent of eligible customers starting right now. (Why not 100 percent? Because we’re still collecting and analyzing installation data from our smaller operators, and need to watch it little bit longer to make sure everything is OK.)
    I know some of you have questions about how Windows Phones are selected to receive the update. Put simply, it’s done totally at random, with absolutely no preference by carrier, model, or country. Random sampling is an important engineering technique to accurately measure quality and pinpoint issues early. In some cases, this can have interesting consequences: A family, for example, can have identical Windows Phones, yet only one phone might get an update notification.
    If you have questions about updates, start with Update Central. You can also post them to Microsoft Answers or tweet to @winphonesupport. I’ll be back next week with another update.

Eric Hautala, General Manager, Customer Experience Engineering

Crossing my fingers here so that will fall into that next 50%

2. SnailUK

SnailUK Member

If your that desperate to get it, use the network glitch trick, it worked for me.

Go to Zune and check for update - Nothing found.
    Check for update again, but remove the network immediately (unplug it, turn off your wireless card (laptop), or shut down your router).
    Wait a couple of minutes, and the update will be found.
    Connect network again, and allow the update to install.
  3. yoninrod3

yoninrod3 New Member

Ok..I finally got it figured out and my Focus is now officially a Mango. There were a couple of things I was doing wrong. So I searched and searched and finally got the answer for how to fix the 80180041 error message and then force the Mango update. Here are some tips:

1- Connect the usb cable of your phone on one of the usb ports that are behind your desktop or laptop. Don't use an Usb hub or front port.

2- The problem with my phone was that it was one of the "walshed" ones. That was the reason for the 80180041 error message when trying to update to 7392. I've used the Walshed recovery tool couple of times but the problem was still there. But then I found out what I was doing wrong. And this is the key to all of this folks, so read carefully. When you open the Walshed recovery tool, it asks you to checkbox which keyboard languages are installed on your phone. The trick is in checking all the boxes, not just the one from the keyboard you're using. So check you phone settings and see how many keyboard languages are installed on your phone and then check all that apply on the Walshed recovery tool,which is usually all of them.After that I was able to force the update to 7392. Had to force the 7403 update too but then the 7720 came automatically. The whole procedure took about 40 minutes to complete.

• 3- The disconnect trick is all about timing. In my case, The Zune software took about 4 seconds to tell me that my software was up to date. So when I tried the second time, I disconnected my wi-fi connection at second number 3. Two seconds later the available update message appeared on my screen. Like I said before, I had to do this twice to force the 7392 and the 7403 update.
    Hope this helps ;)