The Motorola Q: The Worst Phone I have EVER had.

Discussion in 'Motorola Q' started by coolguy827, Nov 1, 2008.

1. fr4nk1yn

fr4nk1yn New Member

I think that is it.
    You picked up somebody else's pro problem.

I'm amazed people don't opt in for the insurance when they activate.
  2. dafoxs

dafoxs New Member

these EBayers are buying up old phones and selling them. how else would they get so many Qs. who knows where or who had it before.
  3. neilrl79

neilrl79 New Member

I bought my Q from eBay and it is the best phone I've ever owned.My only issue is that I'm new to smartphones in general so i'm very cautious of what programs and stuff I download to it.
  4. PacoJr67

PacoJr67 Active Member

but that's more of a good habit than it is an issue
  5. dafoxs

dafoxs New Member

You have to be. Hope your luck sticks around for a while.
  6. MBK2

MBK2 New Member

Why don't you just do a master reset and then slowly (as another member suggested) learn what to add to your Q, programs or hacks?

Although I have since gotten the Q9c, My Q1 Black was virtually a miniaturized laptop IMHO. Full blown movies using TCPMP, Full blown NES games using PocketNester (I'm actually playing Legend of Zelda on my Q and it does everything that the actual Nintendo game did!), Booming full blown stereo sound thru my headset, As a modem for my laptop using PDANet, Pretty decent web-browsing using PIE, Opera Mini, & Skyfire, .......and all on one charge of the battery!

There's more but do you really want me to ramble on!??.. LOL

Anyways, I personally think that perhaps you loaded and hacked too much, too soon.

Why not also list exact problems you are having and with what.... maybe we can tell you how to fix the issue, if it's fixable...
  7. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

had my Q1 for 18 months and had my Q9c for 5 months...NEVER (knock on wood) had to MR my phone for any reason...EVER

this is the best phone i have had....to each there own as everyone has said

well...good luck with whatever you do and whatever phone you decide to get next
  8. veroson

veroson New Member

I've not had any major issue with my Q either (tho that Outlook thing is a pain :wink:). The speed is great. I've hacked it a lot but nothing can compare to it. I am thinking about getting rid of it because of some 1x-EV switching issues recently, but i'm dreading letting it go. It has served me super well and i have used it to the max (Player, tether, video, sling, gps).

Ive had mine since June 06 and i I still love it. I do hear a lot of people say they hate their Q tho, but i sometimes think that's user error (not you, them).
  9. coolguy827

coolguy827 New Member

No im not getting a new phone like i said for 5 months, im not changing anything anymore, i dont want to go through everything i really have no time and besides any spare money i can manage to spend will go towards a 32gig iPod Touch, they're really expensive but i want one.
  10. Tech.erella

Tech.erella New Member

So.....you basically wanted to bitch about the phone and do nothing to try to fix it? Yeah, IPod Touch THAT will be an inprovement........................
  11. dafoxs

dafoxs New Member

yea realy. hope he isnt checking EBay again.
  12. mike250rs

mike250rs New Member

the OP may have just been "venting", it seems to be the in thing nowadays.......

Seriously, if you want to improve performance tell us what's wrong. I haven't installed the crystal ball app yet so I can't/won't guess at your issues.

If you just want to complain, thats fine. Just be ready for many a sarcastic replies that members may post.
  13. hellachopper

hellachopper New Member

Sorry for your misfortunes man, but personally the q has been the best phone for me. Before i got my first Q in june i went through 4 chocolates, 6 LG V's, 4 Razr Maxx Ve's, and countless other ones. I got my Q in june only problem i ever had is the side scroll went out and i got it replaced, and i bought the phone from craigslist. Just call verizon if your really having troubles, say that thephone was a company phone before or something, theyll understand and give you a replacement. I now have the Q9m which i bough from e-bay a few weeks ago, absolutely love it, not a single problem and love the 6.1 i put on it. Thats my 2 cents. Good luck with everything.

tanner
  14. coolguy827

coolguy827 New Member

I tried, verizon isnt letting. thanks tanner
    and to the others, YES, i posted to complain and ONLY to complain
    I did not ask anywhere in the original post for help did i?? so shut up and dont tell me im bitching cause i never asked for help
  15. Tech.erella

Tech.erella New Member

You want a little cheese with that whine? You are bitching....deal with it. You might be better off putting something like this on HelloMoto.com, where you can moan and groan and no one will respond or give a sh*t.
  16. dafoxs

dafoxs New Member

so, do you feel better now? still dont have a working phone.
  17. hellachopper

hellachopper New Member

Darn that sucks did u try over phone? Thats how i did basically said that it was my work phone and than they gave me a new one and they are like oh ok and sent me a new one
  18. dafoxs

dafoxs New Member

he doesnt want help.
  19. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

keep it civil.

if you post, people reply...
  20. dafoxs

dafoxs New Member

Hey, watch it, you said a bad word.........HelloMoto.