The Motorola Q: The Worst Phone I have EVER had.

Discussion in 'Motorola Q' started by coolguy827, Nov 1, 2008.

1. coolguy827

coolguy827 New Member

The Motorola Q: The Worst Phone I have EVER had.

Alright guys i havnt been on the forum lately, busy with school. sry:)
    But just to let everyone know i think the Q is literally the WORST phone i have ever had! You could look at any aspect of it from any point of view and it is impossible to disagree! Ohhh its slim BIG WOOP! Nice job motorola you made a slim phone but it also has the most hardware and software problems i have evr seen in my entire life! It is driving me crazy! i Saved up all my paypal money and worked hard for it AND sold my LG vx8100 to get the piece of ****! After all the registry hacks and speed hacks it still sucks SO BAD! I would take my THICK LG VX8100 ANYDAY over this crap! Hey, id even take my old samsung. Im about ready to shoot someone!!!! >:O!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Oh, and go ahead everyone post your smart sarcastic comments, this is a real laughing matter.
    For anyone that doesnt have a Q and is thinking about purchasing one, STOP, STOP and RUN!!
  2. PacoJr67

PacoJr67 Active Member

I can disagree; while there are bad units out there (anything mass produced is bound to have a bad egg every now and then), i have used a Q9c since last december (and a Q since march before that) with no problems. I haven't found any other phone that allows me to do what I need to do as easily as the Q does, but then the Q isn't for everyone (nor is any other phone when you get down to it)
  3. coolguy827

coolguy827 New Member

I see what your saying.. Everyone i know thinks the same as i do. When i pull out my phone in public..
    "Oh you have that LOL, that thing lags so much"
    "Do the letters even keep up with you as you text"
    :(
  4. biggerthanmike

biggerthanmike New Member

I haven't had any major problems with the phone. I started with the Q then move up to Q9c. I would have to say its one of the best phone I have had. all in all just depends what you want to use it for and making the phone work for u.
  5. fr4nk1yn

fr4nk1yn New Member

I've only had ignorant people who've never actually used a Q make comments like that.
    Sorry for your bad fortune the the amount of people here that like and use the Qs would contradict the "worst" statement.

To each his own however.
  6. mike250rs

mike250rs New Member

mine has worked fine. It does have drawbacks but so does any device. Very seldom do I experiance any lag and I have done no hacks aside from the kill shutter sound and basegain hack.

It maybe a simple solution to your issue, maybe not. If you want help in fixing the issues plenty here are glad to help.
  7. Sheri

Sheri New Member

I know how it feels to have something that you believe in so much, fail you.
    I've had my Q for close to 2 years and I love it! Its been great! The only con for me is no GPS.
    Its possible you got a bad unit. Can you exchange it for another?
    I hope all goes well for you.
  8. dafoxs

dafoxs New Member

maybe it isnt the phone. maybe its all the hacks. i leave well enough alone. i bet if you reset it and maybe the unlock hack, it would be much better. every phone, like a pc, has it limitations.

my 2ยข
  9. Tech.erella

Tech.erella New Member

REALLY? I previously had a VX8100 before I got the Q too and let me tell you, I felt the same way the first 2 days I had the phone. I actually accidently deleted all of the software, locked the phone and forgot the password, and in a fit of fustration threw it against my mom's treadmill. Then I discovered EQ via Google, and to quote Jonah Hill from "Superbad": "It was like the first time I heard the Beatles". I got some software, got some web browsers, got TCPMP w/ Youtube and i'm a happy camper. I think at first I was intimidated by a smartphone since I never had a phone like it. But when I got the hang if it, it was all good. Maybe you're experiencing this, maybe not. The Q is not for everyone. Stick around, you might learn somethings and fall in love with the Q like I did.
  10. dafoxs

dafoxs New Member

Yea............
  11. Geekster

Geekster New Member

+ 1

+ 1
  12. TreeFrog

TreeFrog Active Member

Dunno....sounds like someone wasn't ready or prepared for a phone like this. The Q, as is untouched, is a good WM smartphone that will make calls, access the internet, music player (even bluetooth stereo), email, etc...blah tons more! Some hacks are good...some bad (or at least combined with others or taken to the extreme). I've had plenty of different "phones"...and this for sure is the easiest/best to customize to darn near anything you want. If you know what your doing....

Bottom line this phone is sweet....as is. The best phone ever if you research and slowly do hacks as needed.
  13. dafoxs

dafoxs New Member

Key word, "Know what you are doing." as the Beetles said, Let it be.
  14. I8qbert

I8qbert Active Member

+1
    sent from Q
  15. PacoJr67

PacoJr67 Active Member

to paraphrase DrQ, the best approach to making changes to the phone (either hacks or software) is to take it slow, only doing one thing at a time. allow a week or so to observe the phone in between to be certain of what may be causing any ill effects.
  16. bkmedic

bkmedic New Member

see corrupted moto q software.

See Corrupted Moto Q Thread that I just posted. This is a major software issue, and you should get a new Moto Q9c because of it. BKMEDIC
  17. dafoxs

dafoxs New Member

says who? The Qs been around for a while. Im sure brand new ones, not refurbs, have not become an issue till people start trying every hack under the sun. You can tell a brand new Q from a refurb. Has anyone done a million hacks to a PC and have it work.

EBay has give Qs a bad name.
  18. TreeFrog

TreeFrog Active Member

yes...thank you Paco and especially DrQ! I totally followed DrQ's advice when I first came on board! Way slow...way easy...helped me a ton! My first Q...and second (Q9C)...no speed hacks...no messing with the processor! A couple of IE hacks, mail, sounds, looks....sure. Never had a problem....
  19. coolguy827

coolguy827 New Member

Yeah well ive had this thing for 3 months now and it just gets worse:(
    Worst part is i cannot return it, i got it off ebay and the seller doesnt return :/
    i only have to have it for about 5 more months
    oh well ill count down, pray for me
  20. dafoxs

dafoxs New Member

EBay...There is your problem. The truth comes out.