The Moto Q is crap... You think?

Discussion in 'Motorola Q' started by andrew.glendening, Apr 27, 2008.

1. andrew.glendening

andrew.glendening New Member

The Moto Q is crap... You think?

I know everyone visiting this forum will be pissed at this next comment but, the Motorola Q is an awful phone. It's sluggish (wm6 is partially, but not fully to blame), buggy and completely difficult (just scroll through the forum topics). What it offers in features, it demolishes in reliability. I personally give it a 1/10 in terms of what a smartphone should be, the irony is, it's probably a 9/10 alongside all the other equally shitty "smartphones." And the sad reality? There's really nothing better. This is only my opinion, but I am wondering...

Am I the only one?
  2. Tech.erella

Tech.erella New Member

ummm..............you will be hard pressed to find anyone on here who agrees with you. You should do a google search with the words "Moto Q Sucks", and maybe you will find a forum that will better suite you.
  3. TarHeelsRule!

TarHeelsRule! New Member

Gotta agree with Tech on this one. You came to a Moto Q forum to bash the Q????

It's been said many times the Q is not for everyone and you are entitled to your opinion. I happen to love my Q with all it's quirks but that's just me. But perhaps your opinions would be better served as Tech says at a forum that's only purpose is to bash the Q.
  4. TreeFrog

TreeFrog Active Member

yea..i like mine! Pretty sweet!

Had lots of bad luck with andrews though..buggy, sluggish and very difficult! :)

I moved on though....
  5. andrew.glendening

Haha, that's good. You're pretty funny... Haha, Andrews... That's good. Look for real input, but I always appreciate a comedian! Haha, problems with andrews, buggy and sluggish, hahaha... I just can't quit laughing! Haha, good one TreeFrog! Hahaha...

And I googled "Moto Q sucks" and I found 3 of 10 search results from everythingq.com! Amazing!
  6. TarHeelsRule!

TarHeelsRule! New Member

So I gather from this response that you only want to hear from people who like you are unhappy with their Q?

Well, you carry on with your Q bashing and I will continue to enjoy mine! Happy Qing!
  7. bobby-n

bobby-n New Member

sweet that u think it sucks i guarantee if i or other eq users here had your phone could ake it better and or faster in less than a hour all it does is take some searching to figure out how to make your Q the best ..im sure your problems that you have with your phone could be fixed buy serching for it or asking forum members
  8. andrew.glendening

I'm not here to "bash" the Q. And yes, I wouldn't accomplish anything by doing so. But you admitted yourself you love the Q, "with all it's quirks"?
  9. andrew.glendening

I have searched the forum and made my Q9c better and faster. I honestly appreciate the other forum members finding ways to improve upon the Q, but shouldn't it come this way?
  10. TreeFrog

TreeFrog Active Member

yea..I'm not the class clown but I try!

Google Google...you'll find folks there unhappy too! Oh well, sorry! :)
  11. capo8488

capo8488 New Member

its technology its not going to be perfect. nothing is perfect. your entirely entitled to your own opinion..but to come to a Q forum to talk bad about it. don't really expect anyone to agree with this '' absurd '' opinion. Now with that said the Q is actually a pretty good phone. I've had ''shitty'' phones before but the Q blows them out of the water. its the owner not the phone.
  12. TarHeelsRule!

TarHeelsRule! New Member

We, as individuals, have quirks. I tend to be anal retentive and have a very dry sense of humor. I am liked any less for it, probably. Does my sense of humor rub some people the wrong way, for sure! Do I particularly care, NO!!

I am having a hard time getting the point of this little exercise, though.

Do you want help making your Q less sluggish or less repulsive to you or do you just want someone to complain with?
  13. andrew.glendening

@TreeFrog: You don't need to apologize. You didn't do anything. Like I said, I appreciate all you forum members contributing to the effort of improving the Q.
  14. Tech.erella

Tech.erella New Member

Those are probably posts from people like yourself.
  15. TarHeelsRule!

TarHeelsRule! New Member

Figured I would continue over here since the pic thread is cluttered enough already with off topic chatter.

I don't use my Q for work, it's strictly for personal use and as my primary phone. No use for a landline. I have the Q9c from Sprint and just changed to the Simply Everything plan.

I get all my sports update via text, I use it for music and with Facade I know at a glance what I have planned for the day. One of the homescreen designers (Eko) made me a killer TarHeel homescreen so all is right within the world of Q for me.

Again the few problems that I have had with the Q or because I downloaded an app incorrectly or just bungled something. Now some people may have more problems that aren't operator related and have legitimate gripes about the Q but I am not one of them.
  16. andrew.glendening

@TarHeelsRule!

Aw, but it's no ordinary phone, dudette... It's a smartphone. It is "the worlds thinest smartphone." At least, that's what I'm told.

I am expecting too much, you are right. That is the answer. Thanks for your help...
  17. Tech.erella

Tech.erella New Member

No need to go to the drugstore, I found a total douchebag @ EQ.
  18. cheri

cheri Active Member

well it is pretty lean...former bosses treo was obese compared to mi Q.

ifin ya dont like ur phone that is on the operator of said phone...nobody held a gun to ur head and made u get it or keep it.

dont like it get another fricken phone. :)
    i have a Q1 and Q2...silver and black respectively.

And yes I use mine as an mp3 player and so does Cheri jr lol less gadget i have the better. I use mi Q for more than u can imagine. ;-)
  19. andrew.glendening

It's nt that I dnt lik it. I r3ly dnt hate mi Q. And yer right no1 held a gun to mi head and made mi get 1.
  20. cheri

cheri Active Member

(does cartwheels to a diffrent thread)