The Mobile Stream Center / ClearChannel

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9h' started by LuvrGirl, Sep 10, 2009.

1. LuvrGirl

LuvrGirl Member

The Mobile Stream Center / ClearChannel

I loved this site because I could stream different local radio stations... and for some reason they just posted a notice on the site that clearchannel has blocked access to their streams :`(

Anybody know of another similar site like this?

I'd like to be able to stream local stations like KIIS FM 102.7 and Power 106, etc.

~maria
  2. mike250rs

mike250rs New Member

If clear channel blocked their streams then there is nothing easy you can do to stream those stations(to the device). It's not the site, it's the owners of the stations that's doing it.
  3. icecream429

icecream429 New Member

Found this post after a Google search. I am frustrated by the lack of access to ClearChannel stations also.

I have a theory though - there was an announcement a couple months ago that ClearChannel was furthering their own program (iheart radio) - and I think they're pulled support for the independent streaming utilities...therefore, unfortunately I think it's unlikely to be restored.

As near as I can tell (someone please correct me if I'm wrong) there is no WinMo compatibility for iheart radio at this time. Wish CC had addressed that before screwing streamcenter, but nobody asked us I guess. I'm assuming that at some point WinMo will be added to iheart radio (???).

Here's a link to the copy of the CC announcement -
    http://news.moneycentral.msn.com/ticker/article.aspx?Feed=BW&Date=20090608&ID=9987722&Symbol=CCMO
  4. TreeFrog

TreeFrog Active Member

could always use skyfire...KIIS at least has a website with live streaming.
  5. mike250rs

mike250rs New Member

good call! Skyfire is seen as a firefox(ish) browser.. as in non mobile and that's what CC is blocking
  6. LuvrGirl

LuvrGirl Member

ahh... I see...

hmm... (quick idea) - i have the opera browser so if i go in and change the settings to be identified as NOT a handheld i should be able to stream right?

i'll try it before i go searching & installing another browser...
  7. icecream429

icecream429 New Member

It doesn't seem to be that way. Opera gave me an error on the streaming page from the radio station website that the Flash player wasn't up to date, even set to "identify as desktop".

Skyfire was able to handle the streaming, but at least for me the stream isn't smooth and frequently skips, enough to be very difficult to listen to. Though I haven't tried over WiFi (just 3G) so maybe that would make a difference...

I still think the obvious solution would be for ClearChannel to include WinMo devices (in addition to iPhone & RIM) for their iheartradio program - but I can't find *any* contact info on their site to even make the request.