the GAP sock case

Discussion in 'Motorola Q Accessories' started by chris, Jun 18, 2006.

1. chris

chris Administrator Staff Member

the GAP sock case

This is terrible, but I've been keeping my Q in a GAP athletic sock. It's is a new sock. Funny, I went out with friends and wanted to show my buddy the Q. I was driving, so I just passed him the sock. Quickly, I let him know that it was clean. To which he replied, "I didn't think you were going to pass me an old sock." He thought the Q was very cool. Not sure how he felt about the case. I got the idea from Apple who sells a pack of iPod socks for like $30. I need to get a "real" case, but for now the sock works quite well.:laugh:

-Chris
  2. EdL

EdL New Member

3. tangible

tangible New Member

I bought the boxwave flexiskin. Although it fits nicely I have to confess that I fail to see the point of this thing. It covers all the relatively indestructible solid metal and plastic parts, and leaves the fragile screen and keyboard exposed. What is this supposed to be accomplishing?

The sock idea is starting to sound good. For an even lighter-weight alternative, what about one of those stocking-feet things (called peds, I think) that the girls wear? This is a great opportunity to be both a geek and a foot fetishist!
  4. Stealth

Stealth New Member

Funny - I have the iSocksfor my ipod and I used them initially for my Q until I got a belt clip case. They work pretty good unless you q has the rubberized feel like the sprint q's have then they are hard to get in an out.
  5. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

that's a very funny story.... i think it is great to keep a pretty expensive phone in a sock :} :tounge:
  6. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

you actually bought socks for $30.00 to put an iPod in ?.. you're a brave man for admitting that :tounge:
  7. Stealth

Stealth New Member

Uuuummmmm my wife made me do it....... and I think you get 6 differnet colors.........
  8. qnoob

qnoob New Member

there were stories when the 1st gen nano came out that the lint from the ipod socks actually SCRATCHES the 1st gen nano's chrome. don't know if the newer ipod socks are still that abrasive?

that techtv canuck duo featured it on an early episode of Command N in the early days of podcasting . . .
  9. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

oh well, that makes it all ok then :}
  10. hanski9

hanski9 New Member

Depends on the colors. 2 shades of pink, 2 shades of purple, and 2 shades of
    florescent green wouldn't count. :smile:
  11. Stealth

Stealth New Member

All I know is I used a grey one.
  12. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

ouch... :tounge:
  13. MissVampyre

MissVampyre New Member

IPod Socks

I love them. I use one for my IPOD, Digital Camera and now if I can found one of my other ones some where I'm going to use it for my Q. I want a silicon case for the Q but I haven't found one at the mall..... yet
  14. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

and welcome aboard.... you may want to consider buying one on line ?