The amazing vanishing letters!!!

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9m' started by madmedicjim, Apr 30, 2009.

1. madmedicjim

madmedicjim Member

The amazing vanishing letters!!!

Having a problem with my texting. The letters stop appearing on the screen as I type them. Only the first handful of letters show up. I text a couple hundred times a day. Was fine then BAM here is the problem. It still will register but not show up until I send the message. This has happened before and went away with a master reset. I would rather not do that again.

I have the Q9M with Win 6.1
  2. Q-Area51

Q-Area51 Guest

I've seen this quite a few time too. Unfortunately a MR seem the only cure. There are some corrupted strings somewhere and they are impossible to find. Sorry, man. :) -Q
  3. PacoJr67

PacoJr67 Active Member

try turning predictive text off and clearing the input history
  4. dafoxs

dafoxs New Member

Have you tried turning of predictive text and clearing out that history. How many text do you have on your phone?
  5. madmedicjim

madmedicjim Member

Predictive text is off, and I delete conversations when I start to get a slow down of it loading. Right now there is probably only about 50 or so texts in the memory. I do not want to be doing a MR every month. Is it a 6.1 problem?
  6. Q-Area51

Q-Area51 Guest

Might work but did not in the instances I've been involved with. ON or OFF, it seemed like whatever the damage, it was already done. Can't hurt to try though. :) -Q
  7. Q-Area51

Q-Area51 Guest

I've seen it in 6 and 6.1. FWIW :) -Q
  8. PacoJr67

PacoJr67 Active Member

It was a problem that showed up in the Q9m before people were flashing it with 6.1
    try downloading SK tools which will clear all temporary files and can also fix bad registry entries
  9. madmedicjim

madmedicjim Member

Running sklite now.

Verizon said just get a new phone for $50 through insurance....
  10. Q-Area51

Q-Area51 Guest

Just call VZW back and tell them "IT'S NOT THE PHONE, STUPID !!!!" :) -Q
  11. nesknowitall

nesknowitall New Member

This happened when my phone got fixed (read my thread about my Q dying). Only fixed by a master reset. I couldn't get anything to work right even after cleaning it all up so a MR was the only way it would work.