>that breaks my wooden shoe<

Discussion in 'Motorola Q' started by rudeboy, Jan 29, 2008.

1. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

&gt;that breaks my wooden shoe&lt;

(Dutch saying, which means i don't know wth is happening nor why)

so before the Master Reset, my phone froze a bunch of times while trying to making a call with the Q on the cradle & synced to the pc. tried a new cable (which i am still using, syncing works just fine) i was at the time also using eXtreme Agenda which also "has" (manages) the contacts.. that and other little things made me decide to do a Master Reset...

...which i did yesterday, did not restore the backup i had made with Sprite (because some apps were on sd, some on device.. long store short i decided to do the whole thing manually)

so here i am... at the verge of installing XA (everything else is done, installed & working..)

so the Q is on the cradle.. i need to make a call, take the phone of the cradle.. and i had one of those M$ error which i click away... go into my contacts (with the default contact manager) find the person i need to call, click the green button, i hear it dial... and that's it, frozen again.

not really a clue what to do....
  2. cheri

cheri Active Member

Thats darn crappy wooden shoes and all! Could it be that something you downloaded recently?

Ive been thinking about the master reset just to do some deep cleaning...i dont have sprite though and im not ready I guess.

heres to a speedy recovery!
  3. mike250rs

mike250rs New Member

could be verizon's way of saying upgrade...hope not

did you try the 2 step reset from the other thread?
  4. cheri

cheri Active Member

i thought about that too mike...seems like there are like time bombs in electronics that blow after the warranty period is up.
  5. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

did not count the steps but did the MR yesterday afternoon... and all i loaded was programs i have been running for the last year...

newest things i have installed recently and the issue didn't start till last week is Windows Live, and CtScheduler.

i am also using a brand new battery..
  6. cheri

cheri Active Member

Gosh I hope u get it figured out....seems odd though.
  7. Rcnathan

Rcnathan New Member

man that really sucks RB. Sorry man! :frown: I just did a Master Reset last night to, but things are going fine for me. :frown:
  8. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

okay.. i just had to run an errand and low & behold i started thinking while driving (and listening to Neil's "Prairie Wind") and this what i came up with.. what if, at the time i want to dial/call somebody Windows Live's is wanting to use data ?.. at that time my Q is hooked up via usb and a connection can not be made, but i wonder if it could interfere..

i set WL to 'manual' for the time being.. see what happens (or i mean does not happen)
  9. nags

nags New Member

Mine has done this exact thing several times. Once it starts it does it to me after every MR... I'm actually having the same problem right now and just came back from the Sprint store several minutes ago. My new phone will be here in a day or so.
  10. cheri

cheri Active Member

sounds logical, i have had similar interferance when using one app and trying to make a call. Its been a while tho.
  11. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

new Q is not an option.. Verizon really wants to give me a Q9, but in return i have to give them $250 of which they will give me back $50... or i can get a re-furbished silver Q which will cost me $50.. or i can get the black Q, for $200..

so at this point... this Q remains mine :}

(ps. i have had this Q -the same one, my first- for over a year now w/ little to no issues, and most caused by operator...)
  12. mike250rs

mike250rs New Member

when has logic ever dictated a Q's behavior?

maybe it was WL, not the first time a MS product has acted up. weee shall seee
  13. cheri

cheri Active Member

this #3 has been solid....i know issues have been cuz of my tinkering so far
  14. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

rhetorical (again ?) :}

for the next few days WL has been set to in-active.. if (hopefully) i figure out that was it, i shall continue looking for a solution. until then, yes we shall see.
  15. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

there fore at this point i at least know what i have.. if they give me some refurbished device who knows what the issues are, so i would be hesitant to exchange for a refurb..
  16. cheri

cheri Active Member

my first one would speratically shut off. #2 was direct from moto and it was not configured for verizon...#3 somehow got verizon to send me a new one.
  17. Geekster

Geekster New Member

So? How's the phone doing? Is it better with WL turned off? I haven't had any problems with it so just curious to see what your experiment accomplished.
  18. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

so far no hick ups... made a few calls with phone on the cradle, keep fingers and other body parts crossed.
  19. Rcnathan

Rcnathan New Member

Awesome news RB! I had some issue with running WL on my device...so I took it off. Hopefully things will keep looking up! :)
  20. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

so far, so good... WL was kinda neat, but not worth the "headache".
    thx.