Texting too fast for the phone?

Discussion in 'Windows Phone 7' started by Hologram, Jan 16, 2011.

1. Hologram

Hologram New Member

Anyone else text a lot like me? I seem to be typing too fast for the phone to keep up, and notice that while im typing ill hit say the letter "f" and i can see it higlighted by the phone wont acknowledge that i did and skip over that "f" word and go to the next letter say "a". I thought the keyboard was a multi touch keyboard but it seems like its not really multi touch ?

i also tried slowing down which helps out but sometimes it does the same issue but not as much. any idea what it could possibly be? software related? it happens also in landscape mode as well.

just not sure if anyone else noticed this.
  2. ninjaap

ninjaap Moderator

Which phone do you have? I noticed it when I had the Focus. It hasn't happened with my Surround yet. From what I've read, you could try clearing text suggestions:

settings/keyboard/reset text suggestions
  3. Hologram

Hologram New Member

yeah i have the focus, ill try resetting and see if that does anything. btw why did u switch from the focus to the surround jw?
  4. ninjaap

ninjaap Moderator

Just personal preference. I'd rather trade in the AMOLED screen to get a more solid feeling phone.
  5. Hologram

Hologram New Member

well after some messing around with the phone and settings i happen to find that the phones keyboard does not have any of the issues that i mentioned above when i disable the auto correct...dont know why this has anything to do with the problems but the only thing i can think of is the phone is trying to auto correct and so it analyzes every word but the issue was happening even with words that i didnt even spell out yet and only pressed the first letter, so i honestly have no idea :(
    termleech likes this.
  6. termleech

termleech Member

Thank you for finding this. I'm going to disable auto correct which doesn't work half the time for me anyway (I'd rather just select a suggestion if it's wrong) and see if that works for me. I've definitely noticed i type to fast often and it missed keys.
  7. Hologram

Hologram New Member

well after using the method i mentioned, im still seeing issues with texting and the phone not recognizing letters being pressed every now and then and yes its even worse with autocorrect on...cant seem to find a solution to the problem
  8. termleech

termleech Member

Yea I tried it without the autocorrect on and it was marginally better but not a lot. I'm hoping this update hurries up and comes out and that it improves the keyboard speed.
  9. Hologram

Hologram New Member

same here