text + photo?

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9c' started by Dr.Snyder, Nov 29, 2007.

1. mike250rs

mike250rs New Member

I fully understand your point. It depends on the carrier I guess. My wife has a Katana 2 (sprint) and when I send a pic to her phones email it comes thru just like a txt msg would.

I know a lot of people dont have internet access on their phones. Thus making web based MMS expensive/impossible
  2. mike250rs

mike250rs New Member

It would be much easier and cheaper for both sides if the pic was just attached to a txt msg and didnt require the reciever to go online to view it. But then they couldn't charge us for internet / picture mail use.
  3. jamdog22

jamdog22 New Member

any updates?

I just got the 9c and cant believe this shit with sprint - they advertise that this phone has pic messaging, maybe we can get together and call them and demand they fix it or better yet we just get together and sue them cause i think they have lied enought times to us, this way they will learn.

anyways have you figured out how to get that rom and / or cab file?? that would be a miracle if you could get that to work, im in on the donation olso

thanks...
  4. Damionix

Damionix New Member

True

The Whole issue gets so frustrating. I cant stand the laughs I get when my friends laugh at me that my Brilliant Q9c, cannot send Picture messages. When they say, send me a pic message, I say I will email it. They ask why, and you know the rest. Donations available.
    I finally got my hand on Arcsoft MMS 1.6, it does ok, but the messages don't leave. Once again, if anyone wants to take a look at this .CAB file, I will be happy. I have done all I can

:frown:
  5. BIGD

BIGD New Member

post the link
  6. Damionix

Damionix New Member

OOps

I can't remember the link because I have been doing some serious digging today. But I do have the file. It is 425kb. I can send it to you and you can then host it somewhere, as I am not too good with that.
  7. BIGD

BIGD New Member

sure Ill host it on my apps page
  8. Damionix

Damionix New Member

How

How do I send it to you? Do you have Yahoo IM or email address? I will send it to you
  9. ranchosteve

ranchosteve New Member

lets make a donation for someone whe is willing to take the time to figure it out.
  10. billindelicato

billindelicato New Member

i have been working on this from day 1...the closest i came was it actually went to the outbox then timed out...so im getting closer and closer
  11. Damionix

Damionix New Member

Yeah

Me too, thats the closest I came. I am thinking creating some keys with the required settings and making it the default. But how to tie the program to this as default is where I failed. I kept creating its own registry settings, even after I delete the defaults.
  12. billindelicato

the reason its sticking in the outbox then timing out is the ports used on the device are voice/sms only picture mail uses data...i need to figure out the ports used for outgoing email and connection sequence to use as a piggyback for picturemail
  13. Damionix

Damionix New Member

MOreEffort to you

Support is here with you. Let us know what we can do to help...
  14. billindelicato

id love to have the app pulled from the verizon rom it would work so much easier aside from that i need the connection string for email and ports used.
  15. Damionix

Damionix New Member

Arcsoft MMS 4.2.8.1

I am trying that one out now and seeing what it will give me. I will let you know how far I go with it
  16. BIGD

BIGD New Member

It's on my apps page under MMS.CAB
  17. billindelicato

i have tried using that one and its a bust too d
  18. tool2269

tool2269 New Member

when sending a Text i have the option to "INSERT" either a picture/voicenote/file but they are always greyed out... why is this?
  19. mike250rs

mike250rs New Member

currently only verizon and at&t can send a pic in a txt msg. The rest of us are SOL :)
  20. Boe

Boe New Member

Does this one work or is it just the ROM that they needed?