Text messaging problems.

Discussion in 'Windows Phone Software' started by TheBigMotherFook, Aug 29, 2006.

1. TheBigMotherFook

TheBigMotherFook New Member

Text messaging problems.

I have this issue with my Q that just started happening recently. Lately when people send me text's I've been recieving double or triples of the same message. Which is quite a problem, I have 500 TXT's with the unlimited IN feature so its not a problem persay with verizon users, but it drains my texts when its from someone with cingular or another carrier. I called verizon and there's basically nothing they can do about it cause they think the person sending the message is just sending me 2 or 3 different messages. There's no way for them to actually see the message to verify that it is the same message.

Has anyone else had this problem? If so please feel free to bitch and whine about here.

If anyone has a solution, please feel free to help me out.
  2. hakai

hakai New Member

Same probelms

I get doubles or even triples too.

Does anyone know how to deleate all your text messages at once? This seems like a basic feature that all cell phones have except the Q...
  3. djlactose

djlactose New Member

I have had that problem before, I noticed nextel text messages tend to do it more often then any other types.
  4. teamlinx

teamlinx New Member

to delete all text messages

sorry for not quoting

to delete all your text messages open your text messages. then open the folders so you see inbox, sent, deleted, etc

click menu/delete all. you'll have to do it for each folder of course.

hope that helps
  5. CodeGuy

CodeGuy New Member

Setup a gmail account. Setup push mail through WirelessSync. Tell your friends to text you at that email address, and not a normal text message. WirelessSync will pull it down pretty quickly and you get the message all the same, just in a different inbox. Also costs you nothing this way, provided you have the unlimited data package, which I assume you do. I -never- use regular text messaging now that I have my Q, and anyone that sends me something that way, I give them my "text messaging" email address.

CG
  6. motoreagin

motoreagin Member

Me too

BigMother, I was having that problem too, but my phone was acting strangely due to very low memory. I just assumed it couldn't remember that it had already gotten messages so I saw them in duplicate, triplicate, quadriplicate (?)... Since then, I've obtained a mem card, updated my software, and reinstalled programs. I have not recieved a text msg after all this, so right now, I can't even say it works...

If it is still a problem, I'll update...
  7. vaxick

vaxick New Member

I have the same problem as well, it did it as well on my pervious phone with Verizon.
  8. thewhitestpony

thewhitestpony New Member

i have the same problem it is so anoying
  9. Rev

Rev New Member

I work with SMS messaging platforms...

What generally happens, is that the SMS server delivers the message to your handset. The handset sends an acknowledgement back to the SMS server, and sometimes, that gets lost in the matrix :laugh:

So, the SMS server generally has a timer to retry delivery of the text message when it doesn't hear the ACK back (meaning that the recipient didn't get the message)... So generally you will get the message several times until the SMS server succesfully processes your ACK.

Maybe the phone went F.u.B.a.R. and couldn't send the ACK properly...

That's the explanation, more or less.. as far as I know... hope this helps.
  10. ChadRioux

ChadRioux New Member

wel since this is a connection oriented comunication there should also be a way to set a time out designated by the user. is this a setting the the q user can change so that the server will give up waiting alost immediately.
  11. petey310

petey310 New Member

k this might work im not sure but i think it workedx for me
    1. go to messaging
    2. click on text messages
    3.hit the menu key
    4. go to options
    5. go to sending
    and then from there unclick the 2 boxes !

hope it works!
  12. vaxick

vaxick New Member

Those two options have nothing at all to do with the problem.
  13. BittenToDeath

BittenToDeath New Member

I just use a SMS threader program, similar to the one on the TREO 650, and i never get that problem anymore.
  14. bosz2141

bosz2141 New Member

does anyone know why i cant recieve long texts...when i get a very long text it cuts it off and sends me another message about how it was modified for my device or something of that nature??? anyway to be able to recieve long messages other than email??