Text Messaging Limitations..

Discussion in 'Motorola Q' started by Ballzo, Jul 1, 2006.

1. bpatt

bpatt New Member

Interesting. Did you call CS or the actual 3rd-party insurance company? My Q obviously works - but I'm worried about what-if now.Unsure
  2. VTDr0p0ut

VTDr0p0ut New Member

It's been a long time, but I'm pretty sure I called VZW, they gave me the number to the insurace company, and I added it via the 3rd party insurance company.
  3. petey310

petey310 New Member

Just spoke with a very nice lady and did it in a jiffy
    and then stated that my mms would not be charged because i have unlimited data plan is this right ?made sure twice and she said it is!!

thanks !
  4. tj!2k6

tj!2k6 New Member

.. so since I got denied on the 14th, and other folks are still getting down with the "PDA SMS 2000 Allowance," I figured I'd try again tonight.....

.. so I get the rep on the phone, and he tells me it was already added.. on the 14th ! ..

.. so when I got off the phone with him I checked my account summary, and it's NOT listed !!....

.... and so the "roulette wheel," as bpatt so eloquently referred to it, continues to spin.. lol

“Round and round she goes… where she stops nobody knows!”
  5. gun138

gun138 New Member

Added PDA SMS 2000

I just got off the phone with Customer Support. I added the "PDA SMS 2000" plan but I was told that it would cost me $.25 to send a picture with MMS. So I tried to add the $5.00 Pic. messaging plan but the rep said that the "PDA SMS 2000" plan was knocked off because you can't have two text plans. Then He tried to add a 20 pic. per month plan for $2.99 and it went through. does anyone know if there is a better way to get the 2000 text messages and add picture messages than the way I did it. I don't know is 20 pics per month is enough.
  6. Baba John

Baba John New Member

I hope people understand why the SMS 2000 allowance exists in the first place. It's for folks who need to connect to their Enterprise Server for work email. That's why MMS would not be included. And it sure as heck isn't Verizon trying to throw us a bone.
  7. bizzy045

bizzy045 New Member

just tried and got denied...rep asked me where i got the code...i said some vwz rep told me about the package and that he suggested i call in and get it added...the rep went to ask the supervisor, and again denied...anyone else have this problem?
  8. tj!2k6

tj!2k6 New Member

bizzy, see my previous posts.

I was denied, and when I called back to try to have it added again, I was told that it had already been added.. but when I checked my plan via the VZW website I didn't see it.

However, a couple of days ago when I paid my bill online, I checked my services again, and I saw it the 2000 SMS allowance was on there now.

:confused:
  9. Sprk Jonz

Sprk Jonz New Member

I tried this when I first got my phone in September (per this instructions in this thread). I was told by the rep that this plan didn't really do much for the consumer. The rep & her supv said it only covers system related text messages sent by Verizon. She also said my unlimited data plan already covered the messages sent by Verizon, and thus she didn't add it. I think she also said she couldn't do both this plan and the publicly advertised text plans, only one.
    Not sure if this is all true but I ended up having to pay for the additional text plan. 20 minutes on the phone with a rep for nothing!
  10. JeffreyAllen

JeffreyAllen New Member

I called yesterday and had the rep remove my $10/month extra text package and add the PDA 2000 package. No questions, No issues. And she pro-rated my bill from this past cycle. She confirmed that I now have 2000 text messages per month. No charge.

Only drawback is she was unable to add a pics/flix package, because she couldn't find one by itself, other then the pay-per-message package.

She dug around, and could only find something like a $7 dollar extra package which included texts, so it wouldn't allow her to add that package in conjunction with the PDA 2000 package.

Earlier in this thread someone mentioned a pics/flix package for 2.99 which gave you 25 per month? That would be perfect, rep said she couldn't find anything like that in the system tho...

Anyone have any input on this?

-JA
  11. MTG BRKR

MTG BRKR New Member

Worked for me. :)

Current Plan

Calling Plan
    AMERICA'S CHOICE II 450 ANY UNL N&W AND UNL IN CALLING $39.99 1YR 0705

Details
    Monthly Access $39.99
    Monthly Home Airtime 450 MN
    Additional Peak Minutes $0.45

Features
    3-WAY CALLING $0.00
    BASIC VOICE MAIL - $0 $0.00
    BUSY TRANSFER $0.00
    CALL DELIVERY $0.00
    CALL FORWARDING $0.00
    CALL WAITING $0.00
    CALLER ID $0.00
    IN CALLING NATL UNLIM - $0 $0.00
    NATIONAL ACCESS ROAMING $0.00
    NO ANSWER TRANSFER $0.00
    PDA SMS 2000 ALLOWANCE - $0 $0.00
    PDA/SMARTPHONE UNLIM - $44.99 $44.99
    STREAMLINED BILLING - $0 $0.00
    TEC LOCKLINE - $5.99 $5.99
    TXT MSG W PER MSG CHARGES $0.00
    Promotion(s)
    UNLIMITED NIGHT & WEEKEND MINS
  12. vaxick

vaxick New Member

I call them and the lady on the phone said that SMS 2000 plan was for Microsoft servers and if I sent normal text messages to people I would still get charged. She said the SMS 2000 plan is not for normal text messaging. Is she wrong because I'm paying $10 a month right now for a 1000 message plan.
  13. austin

austin New Member

I just called VZW and the rep pulled up the feature and was surprised that it was free. He then added it to my plan saying that it was a pretty "sweet deal."

:D

Austin
  14. inf3st

inf3st New Member

If I am not mistaken I do believe vaxick is correct about this.
  15. austin

austin New Member

How about it you guys that added this to your plans a couple of months back??

Do you get charged for "normal" text messages?

The rep that added it to my plan sounded like he thought it was really cool that I could get those text messages added to my plan for free to text friends and such.

Austin
  16. CyberDish

CyberDish New Member

Well? Any progress? Has this been working OK for all the ones who added it months ago?

Thanks!
  17. Res-Q-Me

Res-Q-Me New Member

I was skeptical about this myself. I've been with Verizon for many years, and can't remember getting ANYTHING FREE!

I called Verizon yesterday...told them I wanted this PDA/SMARTPHONE SMS 2000 ALLOWANCE. (Tech Support) verified that I was able to have it because I had the Unlimited Data plan, and sent me to another agent who could add it. The agent added it...no problem.

I verified that it was on my plan at www.verizonwireless.com , and it was.

***Thanks for pointing this feature out...WOOOHOOOO FREE TEXT! ***

:laugh2: People like you make this forum GREAT! :laugh2:
  18. mjsnyder

mjsnyder New Member

yeah well...

verizon must be catching on cuz i tried and was denied for the "exchange server" reason. was told that the messaging was free because whenever you make a change your exchange server account a text message is sent.

I think you have to talk to a moron or an uneducated CSR. I talked to a regular CSR and a data rep to no avail. Maybe i'll try a store?
  19. gun138

gun138 New Member

Call Back you will get a different retard. If that one won't do it. hang up and try again. I have had it for about 4 months, texting out the a$$ with no $$ 0.00.
  20. Nixona

Nixona New Member

No go for me twice too. First rep never heard of it and couldn't find it, second denied for the exchange server reason.