Text Messaging Limitations..

Discussion in 'Motorola Q' started by Ballzo, Jul 1, 2006.

1. Ballzo

Ballzo New Member

Text Messaging Limitations..

Sorry if this has been covered somewhere else..

Fot those of you that have the Unlimited Data Plan..

What is your understanding of the number, or limit of text messages that can be sent and received each month?

I don't know where I got this, but I "thought" I'd reead somewhere that there was a limit of 2000 messages per month. I read somewhere else that text messaging was unlimited.

Now this morning, I called VZW CS and they told me that text messaging was consistent with my existing Text Messaging Plan, which in my case is 100 messages per month!! Hardly seems fair with an Unlmited Plan , but... One never knows..

Thanks!!

B
  2. Ednasti

Ednasti New Member

The Unlimited data plan is for Internet, E-mail and things like that. You must choose what text plan you want.

without plan - $.20 a text
    250 - $5.00 a month
    500 (unlimited in) - $10.00
    750 (unlimited in) - $15.00
    1000 (unlimited in) - $20.00
  3. Ballzo

Ballzo New Member

4. chris

chris Administrator Staff Member

Wow, that is interesting. Sounds like it's a hit or miss proposition. Customer service roulette if you will. Get the right rep and you can get 2000 text messages added to your account for free. Seems like 700w owners have a more difficult time adding. I wonder if they'd allow it for Q users?

-Chris
  5. chris

Worked for this guy using the following method:
    I called 611, pressed 0. Talked to a very kind CSR, told her to remove my $15 text plan, add the SMS 2000 plan. I logged in 2 minutes later, and it was changed.

My conversation:

Hi, I just activated my Q, need to change some messaging options.

Ok

I need to DROP the $15 in messaging, and add the PDA 2000 Allowance, code 70246.

Ok, let me do that for you; ok it's done. You'll be prorated for the month of June.

Ok thanks, please confirm what you did...

yata, yata, yata.

Have a nice day.
  6. chris

Just got off the phone with VZW and had this feature added to my phone. No mention about fees, etc. I provided the code and the name of the package. Call duration: 3:32. The CSR mentioned that I'd have to power my phone on/off to activate the new features. Awesome.:w00t:
  7. jerryjr

jerryjr New Member

Wow, I will give VZW a call and see how it turns out.

One question though... does this plan cover Pix too?
  8. Ballzo

Ballzo New Member

And I just got it added to my account as well, first time around, no questions asked...

Sweet!!

B
  9. Ballzo

Ballzo New Member

By the way, as an addendum to all this, as I was unclear on the terms:

1) This is 2000 Text Messages MONTHLY/per billing Cycle.
    2) The Q is a supported phone
    2) It does NOT cover Picture Messaging.

The above confirmed with VZW CS twice today. just to be sure..!!
  10. du1hyn

du1hyn New Member

What,

Just spoke with Technical Support at Verizon and they said that picture messeging is included as part of the PDA SMS 2000 Allowance also.... Damm, what's the deal with CSR and Tech Support..... Both have 2 different answers. Someone needs to find out the facts. I will call them again and speak with tech support and see what they say this time.
    :eek:hmy: :eek:hmy: :eek:hmy: :eek:hmy:

Just got off the phone with another Tech Support Rep, and unfortunatley we just have Text messeging and no Multimedia Messeging. Even if you have the unlimited data acces, you will still be charge for MMS.
  11. jerryjr

jerryjr New Member

Well with that said, I will keep my $10/mo plan. I send a good amount of picture messages (mostly vzw customers).
  12. Rsxek7

Rsxek7 New Member

Woot!!
    Just got that activated on my acct today...good read.
  13. Rsxek7

Rsxek7 New Member

Where do i go on the vw website...to check if this feature was added???
  14. TAG1976

TAG1976 New Member

You should just be able to go into it this way "Log-on" > "Account Summary" and it should be there. I get a miniscule (but still a "Discount") Discount thru my company from VZW and it shows up on my account summary, so I would assume any feature that you add to your account should be there.
  15. bretnsid

bretnsid New Member

Awesome! Thanks so much for this info. I just got mine added. Phone call took all of 60 seconds!! Now i can get all those NFL score updates for free this season w00t!

And btw, you can check if it is on your plan by logging into Verizonwireless.com - Under My account - My Plan - Add/change features.

It should be listed down the left hand side as PDA SMS 2000 ALLOWA $0.00
    Thats how mines looks !
  16. tj!2k6

tj!2k6 New Member

Thanks for this info.. I'm on hold and the cs rep is looking it up right now..

.. wow she's saying "I know we offered it in the past, but I think the offer may be over.. I'm having tech support check on it right now.." wtf!

DENIED

I'll try again later.
  17. LastStraw

LastStraw New Member

I just joined on with Verizon last Friday. I purchased a Motorola Q 450min/Unlimited Data; I added 250 MMS/SMS Messaging.

I just got off the phone with some lady in tech support, she didnt know what I was talking about at first. I said 'PDA SMS 2000 Allowance' and held for about 1 minutes and then she came back and said it was done.

Sweet deal, thanks!! :thumbup:
  18. bpatt

bpatt New Member

I needed to adjust my minutes based on usage today, so I called CS and stepped up to that big roulette wheel to give it a big spin...

and lost. :( It was explained to me that this is not part of text messaging but it is in fact a mini data plan. And since I have the unlimited data plan, why would I want only 2000 er um messages? :blink: Tried to hold a laugh back.

I'll call back...

Also, found out that my store apparently did NOT activate insurance as I requested, and since I'm beyond my initial 15 days, I cannot add insurance to this phone. Ever. Grrr.......
  19. q-rocks

q-rocks New Member

Wow, great thread. I just got off the phone with 611, and had the 2000 added. So easy and so sweet!!! Thank You, great find.

I also just checked my account online and it is there.

This is for SMS messages only.
  20. VTDr0p0ut

VTDr0p0ut New Member

I added insurance to my wifes phone almost a year into the contract -- just told the insurance company my delima (thought I was covered.. but I wasn't). They just placed a test call to the line, I picked up, and insta-coverage.