Text messages don't appear in msg list but are in the file manager

Discussion in 'Moto Q Hacks' started by tiffakia, Jan 11, 2008.

1. tiffakia

tiffakia New Member

Text messages don't appear in msg list but are in the file manager

I apologize if I am posting this in the wrong forum but I have a problem that I am hoping someone will be able to help me with. I have had some very important text messages just disappear from the text message list. I was pretty upset about this and started going through other menus in the phone to see if I could somehow restore them. I went to file manager --> Windows --> Messaging and there I see files that have the date and times which correspond with the texts that I am missing. I hit the menu key and then hit refresh but these texts still do not show up in my text message list so that I can read them again. Does anyone know of a way that I can restore these text messages in the text message list so that I can read them? It appears as if they have not been totally deleted since I do see files in the file manager that are apparently associated with these texts according to the date and time stamp.
  2. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

i don;t think we ever figured out a way to "read" those, plus for all we know it could just be the "header" info and not the actual text message.
  3. tiffakia

tiffakia New Member

Any clue as to why some messages just mysteriously disappear without being deleted.
  4. lexicon

lexicon New Member

some sms accounts are just like other mail account and get synced via the server that actually stores the data. Check with your carrier as to how long they keep their sms.