tethering the ozone to PC

Discussion in 'HTC Snap | Ozone' started by guest03, Sep 29, 2009.

1. guest03

guest03 Member

tethering the ozone to PC

I know this has been beatin dead with a hammer but I have never done it before and nothing came up under the Ozone except for 3 posts related to other things such as iPod touch. Anyways my questions:

1. How do I use my phone to connect my computer to the internet?
    2. Does it cost anything additionally then just the data plan?
    3. Will it automatically install on a PC or will I have to have software to run on the PC first?

If someone could even just point me to another thread, not under the Ozone forum, then I would appreciate it. I will continue my search quest, but do not know this site as well as a lot of people on here...which i thank you for that.

Anyways thanks in advance,
    Matt

EDIT:
    Well, I just plugged it into my work computer and after researching some threads figured out what ICS was...DUH.

Opened internet sharing and worked instantly.

Now the computer at home, does it have to have ActiveSync installed on it for connection sharing? I tried that one last night with no luck and don't have internet there so I had to call it quits (or use the ozone for researching a problem) I decided to just wait.
  2. Richie Rich

Richie Rich New Member

Although it seems that some folks have been able to use ICS on more than one PC, at least a few posters (me being one of them) could only get it to work on a single computer. Since I want to be able to use it (admittedly infrequently) on 3 different laptops once in a while, I bought PDANet. Yes, it's not free, but it worked right "out of the box" on all 3, and continues to work without a problem.

If you search the posts, you'll find a few people having to do hard resets and the like to get ICS to work on a 2nd computer. Others--for reasons still unclear to me--haven't had that problem. I wish I were one of them.
  3. guest03

guest03 Member

Thanks for the heads up. I will have to check again tonight if I can get anything to work on that PC.
    Does VZW limit it themselves, or does it seem to be a glitch?
    Also, I am on a cooked 6.5 rom...don't know if that matters.

Thanks
  4. dkim36

dkim36 New Member

Get a Wifirouter. You can connect to multiple computers.
  5. guest03

guest03 Member

I don't have internet at my house yet, I will soon but I was temporarily trying to use my Ozone until I got internet.

But I tried last night and no luck. So basically I am one of those people that only get to use it on one machine...awesome!

Thanks for the help!
  6. ebland_0724

ebland_0724 New Member

Tether using PdaNet

I use my ozone for work and they donwloaded PdaNet to my laptop. It cost about $15.00usd. With the phone pluged in, go thru the start menu and find it and click on "Reinstall PdaNet to Device". That will install the software to your phone, from then to use it as a "modem" plug it in and run the PdaNet...it was all automatic me.
  7. bitterpoet

bitterpoet New Member

I haven't tried ICS or PDANet so I can't comment on those. I'm using a simple program named IntShrUI. I forget the how I found it but I'm sure I have the original install in my backup folder. It works great for me.
  8. larsdennert

larsdennert Active Member