Telus - Dailing Long Distance from Contacts

Discussion in 'International' started by Roger Smith, Apr 16, 2007.

1. Roger Smith

Roger Smith New Member

Telus - Dailing Long Distance from Contacts

Telus - Dailing Long Distance from Contacts. Why can't I do this? :frown:
  2. miquel

miquel New Member

I have my contacts set up with area code...

ie. 1-780-555-1212 Joe Smith
  3. Roger Smith

Roger Smith New Member

I do as well. I think this is a TELUS issue. Does anyone have the same problem with a Q device using BELL or ROGERS?
  4. bhall

bhall New Member

I'm with Bell Mobility and have the Black Q and I have no problems dialing numbers that are long distance. I'm currently in Ottawa and call back home to Toronto everyday using the contacts in my Q.
  5. miquel

miquel New Member

I am going to have to pay more attention. I have my phone set up with a bluetooth hands-free kit, so I use voice command to dial. As soon as I get my Q back from Telus, I will try a l/d contact.
  6. tok129

tok129 New Member

I'm with Telus and have had no problems dialing long distance contacts with my Q. Maybe it is a hardware issue? Have you called Telus support? Sorry I can't be of much help...
  7. miquel

miquel New Member

I just tried it witn my new Q and all works fine.

No problems at all. Maybe try the tech. department.

Good luck.
  8. johnnymacq

johnnymacq New Member

might know why

I ran into that recently too. Dialed a long distance number and the Q did not auto-add the '1'. My Blackberry did that automatically as long as I already had the area code in the Contact.
  9. Double.D

Double.D New Member

Ocd?

I've always been one to automatically input the 1 (areacode) (123)-(4567) into my contacts, it's been an OCD since I got my first cellphone, plus it makes it easier when dialing with my RazrWire sunglasses. I've had no problems when it calls peeps in my local region.

:2cool: --> I'm Séan Schillinger, but you can call me Double.D
  10. johnnymacq

johnnymacq New Member

Thanks for the response. Adding to the issue, let's say I receive a long distance call and let it go to voicemail. I later select the number and dial it. I always get the Operator saying "you have dialed a number to which long distance applies". So I have to edit the number and add the '1'. Is there a way for the Q to be smart enough to know it is redialing long distance?
  11. stuie25

stuie25 New Member

this may seem like a stupid question but do you get charged long distance charges with telus if you dial a local number from contacts that has the 1 and area code before the number?
  12. johnnymacq

johnnymacq New Member

long distance charge?

That is a very good question. I don't think Telus charges when a local call is dialed with the '1' and then 'area code' for a local call (but I'm going to review my bills and check :foot:). In fact, I think we will soon be required to dial that way anyway with new area code(s) coming, or so I hear.

I just wish for actual received long distance calls, the Moto Q was smart enough, when just redialing the received call, to add the '1'. Presently, you must manually add it.
  13. rodbour

rodbour New Member

same problem drives me nuts

Ive got the same problem .telus has no solution .my last motorollo had and option you could add 1 to your call but the Q does'nt