TCPMP Player v0.71

Discussion in 'Windows Phone Software' started by jerryjr, Jun 27, 2006.

1. jerryjr

jerryjr New Member

TCPMP Player v0.71

Has anyone experienced any problems with this player on their Q? I used the programs from this post and the video plays fine. However, when I exit the player the screen goes white and sometimes freezes. This has happened each time I use it. Any thoughts?
  2. jerryjr

jerryjr New Member

Doin a little more research, I found that v0.71 is known to give a white screen on the Q. I guess the Q works best with v.072RC1. I will test it out and confirm. Just FYI.
  3. Diggs

Diggs New Member

Where did you find v.072RC1? I couldn't find it on the website.
  4. jerryjr

jerryjr New Member

Sorry that was a typo. I meant version 0.72RC1.

Here is the link to version 0.72RC1
  5. DestinationQ

DestinationQ New Member

I work in the DestinationQ store and Ive tried both the 0.71 and 0.72RC1 on various phones in our store and both tend to crash the phone whenever you kill the task although rc1 seems like its getting close to being right because it didnt crash it immediately like the 0.71
  6. jerryjr

jerryjr New Member

Well I'm not sure if it makes much of a difference, but I installed TCPMP v0.72RC1 on my miniSD instead of the device. I haven't had it crash yet.
  7. DestinationQ

DestinationQ New Member

Awesome, it works off the miniSD card tried it out on a few machines and none of them crashed, do you happen to know where I can get the codecs for the player (specifically AAC decoder)? I love all the features this program has but all our demo videos are encoded with mpeg4 w/ AAC. thanks!
  8. PeterT

PeterT New Member

I have the same problem and it's driving me crazy! I've tried both versions and installed on both the miniSD card or the Q itself. In all situations when I either exit the program or "kill" it the screen goes white and my Q freezes. It seems the software works pretty well untill you try to exit it.

For those of you that have this on your Q and it works well, what's your secret??
  9. rpparkster

rpparkster New Member

How do you load this program on the storage card? Sorry, I'm a total newbie with this stuff. Also, do I want the .exe or the .cab file to do this correctly?

Thanks.
  10. djcampis

djcampis New Member

Help using Tcpmp on Q

I've been reading the post regarding TCPMP. I tried to goto the linked download site but it seems to be down. I tried downloading off a different mirror site but it seems that didn't work. I have a mac and i really wanna get the video to run smoothly on this thing. The furthest I got with tctmp was it installed with a message that it may not display correctly because it was developed for older software. Basically I can't see anything.

Anyone have any ideas or ways of getting tctmp onto my q through my mac?

Thanks!

Also does anyone know of dvd/video file compresssion for me to do what dvd->pocket encoder does for the pc?
  11. dodgerdann

dodgerdann New Member

"...not a valid Windows CE application"

ETA: problem fixed!
  12. tymewillcome

tymewillcome New Member

I didnt have the problem with the white screen before. I recently switched the player to my SD card, and viola! I got the white screen when killing the program from the task menu. After playing a movie, or anything with TCMP, i whent to file, and exit...this didnt make the white screen come up- I think when the task manager kills it, it does the white screen-:geek:
  13. nineteen

nineteen New Member

White Screen Of Death!!!!

anyone find a better player or fix for tcpmp.... works great until u exit or kill....

need a new player
  14. dodgerdann

dodgerdann New Member

Install it from the memory card (like an earlier poster said), and you should be okay. I've watched a few movies on it so far without any problems (and I've 'killed' the task/exited the program without any problems). Good luck!
  15. vtx1300rider@comcast.net

vtx1300rider@comcast.net New Member

I have it installed on my device and it works perfect without any bugs so far. Anyone want to point me toward the best video encoder for the Q. I have one,TEMPGEnc and it works great, with support for almost all formats and any output size you want, only problem is its not free, and i like free. Any freeware out there?

Jesse
  16. hourglass

hourglass New Member

ya so i gave the v .72rc1 a try and upon the completion of the installation it gives me. "program may not display properly cause it is for a previuos version of windows mobile software." wut up wit dat? In all honesty it seems to be working okay, but it definitely does not have the landscape of some of the screenshots I've seen. Anybody else ever get that message?
  17. vtx1300rider@comcast.net

vtx1300rider@comcast.net New Member

Yes, I received that same message upon install. But it didn't seem to affect the operation of the program. I haven't tried all aspect ratios yet but the full screen 4:3 and 16:9 wide screen work fine. I did have the black bands top & bottom on the 16:9 but after checking the encoded format that was the way it was coded.

Jesse
  18. hourglass

hourglass New Member

I think its fine and with all the issues about the white screen I keep reading, I've yet to have it crash (knock on wood).
  19. supermann423

supermann423 New Member

"Installation was unsuccessful. The program or setting cannot be installed because it is not digitally signed with a trusted certificate." so i cant install either versions....can you guys help
  20. Tired.Monkey

Tired.Monkey New Member

Codec

Anyone found a codec to read our video made with the Q?

I can play .3G2 files but it told me that an audio plug-in is missing and i need to download it from a web site. Cant find it anywhere..... :embarassed:

Thanks in advance

P.S. I'm using 0.72RC1 version and didnt get any crash yet even if I kill the program.