tcpmp+6.1+sd card?

Discussion in 'Windows Phone Software' started by blackmeto, Sep 18, 2008.

1. brandon.roeder

brandon.roeder New Member

And one more! :)
  2. guido764

guido764 New Member

.pls files in tcpmp w/ wm6.1 on q9c

ok i have a q9c and had tcpmp on wm6 yesterday and for many months before and i used to use it for flash videos (rarely now that i have skyfire) but i mainly used it for playin playlist files like the one for philosomatika.com an internet radio station. yesterday i upgraded to wm 6.1 and now tcpmp wont install...

i tried the 0.72rc1 from device memory and storage crd. no go. i get the crash.txt error. wth microsoft... wth???

anyway yes philosmatika.com has its own player butt i liked tcpmp for its volume control and multiple uses... what other mobile app can play .pls files? ive looked for solutions to this tcpmp issue for six hrs straight and for another similar app for .flv and .pls and i come up with nothing.

thnks,
    wm6.1 noob,
    Guido764
  3. MBK2

MBK2 New Member

Insatll both the recompiled version of TCPMP and the FlashBundle from this link... http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=2389091&postcount=1 (need to join their forum to download, but no big deal, I joined with same username as here), and install them both onto your device storage... will not work for flash video if you install it onto your storage card.
  4. Brent372

Brent372 New Member

I gave up on TCPMP as it will not install to the SD card. My device storgae is too limited and I can't deal with the low storage warning msgs.
  5. MBK2

MBK2 New Member

If you can't place 2.8 MBs onto your Q's device storage, then I'd recommend that you clean out some unneeded files and also to transfer any programs and files that you can to your storage card.

I have a shitload of programs, music, videos, & other files on my Q, but still only need about 30 MBs of the device's storage..... I'm not sure you would have that much more on your Q than I do on mine...

And I have all camera pics & vids, downloads, & anything else I can send, going to my MiniSD card
  6. guido764

guido764 New Member

omfg n stuff...

DUDE! IT WORKED!!!!!!!! HAAAA! if i was gay id like... hug u or vote no on prop 8 today (cali) but im not so thanks so much! it worked... well, works! u saved me a assload of headache and time! thats soo cool. also thanks for the lightning fast reply as well! i jus so happened to join xda searching for this resolution an hr before posting here. this site has helped me so much with my q! everyones so to the point and polite and with no bs and the freeware i got saved me from losing all my contacts and.. anyway im greatful theres a site like this to help wm6/6.1 noobs like me. now all i need is a cab file for sim city! but the warez community is smaller or hard to find for wm... but hey u cant win them all. thanks again man u really helped me out!

-The Gweed
  7. Brent372

Brent372 New Member

I have an 8GB SD card. Any app that will install to it is done so. I can afford 2.8 MB but it puts me below 10MB free which triggers the low storage warnings, which is really annoying.
    Everything that can be moved to the SD card has been. All unused sounds, themes, homescreens, etc...
  8. brandon.roeder

wow, then how do you only have <12 mbs of storage?
  9. Brent372

Brent372 New Member

Well working for VZW I am obligted to have certain apps on my phone.
    There include VZAppZone and VZNav, both of which will not install to the SD Card.
  10. brandon.roeder

Ahhh, okay.
  11. MBK2

MBK2 New Member

Well I also have VZNavigator on mine as well, and still have nearly 25 MBs of free space.
    VZAppZone can't be too big of a file neither.... what else do you keep on your Q's device storage??
  12. Brent372

Brent372 New Member

Well damn. I just don't know.
    I looked under Program Files on my device and I only have 4 folders in there with more than 1 item in them. They are vSmartPrims (part of VZAppZone), VZAppZone, VZNav, and WMP (in ROM)

The only thing in MyDocs are the 2 ringtones I use and my playlists from Playlist Manager SP.

Messages, IE Cache all moved to SD card.
  13. bastard101

bastard101 New Member

I've installed this and ran through the setup like everyone else for my 9C, it plays all videos, shoutcast playlist and other formats except for FLV. When i open an FLV or try to stream a youtube video, it opens up TPCMP, then closes it without playing the video!! Any fixes for this?
  14. TreeFrog

TreeFrog Active Member

you did install the flashvideobundle app...and then select flv in tcpmp's file associations?
  15. bastard101

bastard101 New Member

Yes, I have done all those file associations like instructed. The boxes are checked for these file associations, but even after rebooting the phone, it still does the same thing.

Any more advice?
  16. blackmeto

blackmeto Active Member

if u installed the files i posted originally there would be no confusion
    i just installed them again 30 secs ago and everything works fine

just sayin
  17. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

i dont understand why people just dont use skyfire..

these files were a great fix but why bother

-Sent from my Q9n
  18. TreeFrog

TreeFrog Active Member

well..well..well! haha...

because..when tcpmp works you have much better video..no scrolling around to catch it all...less buffering...actual volume control...pausing without having to micro manage your mouse...easy start up and shut down...able to save videos with ease...not worried about skyfire is watching you watching this..did i mention volume control?

:)
  19. sherri

sherri Active Member

What Treefrog said!!

Also, if you watch a lot of videos, Skyfire drains battery too fast !
  20. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

all very true points
    but for some reason people find these 2 apps hard to install...im not sure why but they do