takes nearly 5 seconds to ANSWER a call?

Discussion in 'Samsung Saga' started by notoriousB, Sep 14, 2009.

1. notoriousB

notoriousB New Member

takes nearly 5 seconds to ANSWER a call?

Recently I think my Saga has lost it's little mind.

I hit the "answer" button to answer incoming calls, and it just sits there, ringing away, with "answer" button still shown, and then FINALLY will answer the phone. This is taking upwards of 5 SECONDS after hitting the Answer button. (that's a long time - count 1 mississippi, 2... - that's how long it takes to pick up the phone!)

I've even been missing calls because of this after I've already hit Answer, sometimes two or three times! It's completely frustrating.

I liked this phone at first. Now I'm really growing to hate this thing. My Q NEVER had this many aggravating issues.

Thoughts? Any ideas, aside from getting a new phone?
  2. ninjaap

ninjaap Moderator

Are you running a bunch off apps or a single app that could already be using lots of phone resources when a call comes through? I know on my Fuze, it takes a while for the caller ID and answer button to pop up on the screen if I'm watching a stream on Sling Player.
  3. notoriousB

notoriousB New Member

nope, I've loaded almost nothing onto this phone. Used solely for business. i don't watch videos, listen to music, or anything. Running C07 firmware. Happens with or without bluetooth headset connected.

The answer button and caller id is displayed, I can press answer 20 times and it just answers when it feels like it.

Thanks for the reply!
  4. ninjaap

ninjaap Moderator

Do you regularly clean internal memory? Text, emails and program log files can build up over time. I use sktools once a week to clean all the junk and a reboot after the clean.
  5. notoriousB

notoriousB New Member

I have all my temp files redirected to my storage card, and kill processes regularly, but don't have any "cleanup" program installed at all. Is sktools free? Not familiar with it.
  6. ninjaap

ninjaap Moderator

Yes Sktool lite is free and that's what I have. When you install it, it will tell you that it's not meant to work on a wm professional device (touchscreen) but install it anyways and it should work. At least it did on my Fuze.
  7. TreeFrog

TreeFrog Active Member

mines been doing the same for a couple weeks now....except i use sktools pretty regularly to clean and clear ram. i've been blaming it on an app that i installed and kept or tried and got rid of. been lazy and haven't kept up with sprite backups regularly and not bored enough to master reset! pretty sure it's got something to do with a ram hog app but not sure. i'll have to see if sktools has a ram prioritizer tool....
  8. notoriousB

notoriousB New Member

SKtools lite installed OK. The look is a little funky due to the unsupported screen size, but it seems to work.

Unfortunately cleaning the phone did not fix the problem at all.

It's likely not a memory hogging app TreeFrog, I don't have any 3rd party stuff loaded on this thing.

I use this phone for business and missing calls because my crappy phone doesn't answer when I push the button is completely unacceptable. I'd be tempted to just ditch it and get an iPhone but I just signed a 2 year contract with verizon when I got the phone. What a mistake...

It's funny how this issue didn't start occuring right away either. Wish they had because I would have ditched this thing within the 30 day trial period. Argh. Gotta love Windows. Don't really want to hard reset but that may be the solution...
  9. bberryhill0

bberryhill0 Active Member

Don't hesitate. Master reset. Save your contacts and just do it.
  10. TreeFrog

TreeFrog Active Member

yeah...contact saving is all we're concerned about! =)
  11. notoriousB

notoriousB New Member

that's no prob, it's all via exchange anyway, no backup necessary. I'll do it tonight. Thanks for the input from all of you.
  12. TreeFrog

TreeFrog Active Member

for sure let us know how it pans out!
  13. notoriousB

notoriousB New Member

Update:
    I did the hard reset last night, spent a couple of hours getting my settings back where i want them. So far so good today, I press answer and - amazingly - the phone ANSWERS without delay.

What a pain getting it all set up back the way I want it tho, just little stupid settings that I did over time. We'll see how long it lasts, but I'm happy I can answer calls anyhow. -B
  14. TreeFrog

TreeFrog Active Member

wow..bummer and cool i guess!

thanks for the uodate.
  15. bheidemann

bheidemann New Member

I had the same problem after installing SPB mobile shell. The phone would sit there and ring while I was pressing the answer button. I found that the onscreen answer button would work more often then the physical key but even then I would miss calls because I couldn't answer them in time. I finally did a master reset/format and my problems went away. I sync with exchange as well so my contacts and settings were back in minutes.
  16. notoriousB

notoriousB New Member

update: 2 months later and I'm now having the same problem again. I've loaded NOTHING onto the phone. No hacks, no 3rd party software, NOTHING.

Very frustrated at this point. Verizon wants to charge me full retail to get a different phone.

I think there's a memory leak in the operating system. I'm *praying* at this point that VZW releases a 6.5 ROM, and maybe the issue will be resolved.

I really liked this phone when I got it. It's too bad there seem to be a multitude of software problems that have made the experience terrible.

other issues I've encountered:
    - when traveling between time zones the calendar gets confused. The phone will report the correct time but the reminders still report the alternate time zone. A few soft reboots seem to resolve this.
    - calendar reminders come and go when they feel like it. one day they'll be working correctly, the next I get NO reminders for meetings, even weekly recurring meetings.

For a phone marketed as a "business phone" this is terrible.

We need a 6.5 ROM Verizon, let's get this thing FIXED NOW.