T-Mobile Service vs other carriers

Discussion in 'T-Mobile' started by schatzee, Nov 23, 2008.

1. schatzee

schatzee Guest

T-Mobile Service vs other carriers

For anyone considering switching to (or from T-Mobile) just wanted to inform about my latest (and not so great) experiences. I have had Verizon Wireless, Sprint, and T-Mobile. I'm rating these based on a couple criteria.

One - very important to me - customer service. I have been fortunate to have lots of luck with T-Mobile's customer service. They are usually very helpful and do their best to quickly resolve any issues and even try to include easy tips and tricks to help you along while you are waiting. Also, I was able to get a very similar deal to new customers by calling customer service and suggesting I was ready to upgrade but wanted a similar deal to those coming in to new plans. I felt loyalty should be rewarded as well - and so did they. I was able to get a smartphone for less than $100. Thought that was quite a deal.

Verizon Wireless did not provide very good customer service at all and even gave me a hard time when their phone broke. I wanted to upgrade but my 2 years was not up so they said they would replace the phone - which they did - but still had same problems. No deals from them if you are already a customer and even their corporate rates leave quite a bit to be desired.

Sprint - customer service was atrocious. Once you get through your "30 days to decide" period, they are done with you because if you cancel they are cashing in. I had a hard time getting anyone to help me in store or on the phone - they just repeated the same mantra of "sorry I can't be of further assistance." And did I mention they charge you for breathing? Well, maybe not but my service plan was not all inclusive and I did receive several charges that I was not expecting.

The other criteria was how well the phone worked and, of course, my reception. I would have to say they all pretty much scored the same here as I was able to keep my calls and had about the same interruptions or dropped calls on all 3 plans. Personally I found the cost effectiveness and friendly assistance of T-Mobile enough to persuade me to stay with them despite commercials to the contrary!:cool:
  2. attgirl

attgirl Guest

Very interesting information you have provided. I think that this will be beneficial to many people. I am sure that I would agree with you on the customer service end. I think that most of these providers customer service is not even located in the U.S. so that would explain something.
  3. schatzee

schatzee Guest

Probably so true! And so sad. I have had to call T-Mobile service at all hours for a person in our office (he travels extensively). They have always been helpful and courteous and willing to go over and above as far as I'm concerned.

I could never get anywhere with Verizon or Sprint. Headaches all the way.
  4. whome

whome New Member

re: T-Mobile

Hi,
    I am a long term T-Mobile customer__phone and Hotspot.
    I went to a new store too renew my service in April. They botched the Hotspot setup, [didn't even do it], charged me for services that I did not order, and did not put the insurance on the account.

[yeah, I know__'read the contract'. My bad!].

The phone was stolen and $200 in Mexico calls plus $60 in games were made before I knew it was gone. The store and corporate both said 'no way' on removing the fees. I was told by CS to go to the store and belatedly get the insurance and told that the phone replacement would then be $25. The store refused to do anything on the bill or the insurance, and almost accused me of attempting fraud. Now I am using an Ebay Motorola that is ugly but functional.

I very grudgingly went to a different store to make a payment on the rip-off bill. The guy there listened to me, verified my story quickly, and made the call. He got the $200 waived, but couldn't remove the games fee at his level.

I later called CS again and, by chance, got a guy with special training who invoked Executive priveleges and removed the game portion, [$60}.

So now all I am out is the phone. I can't get any help with that.

I was ready to abandon T-Mobile over the billing and other rip-off issues. I just happened to find 2 people who went all the way for a customer they believed. That made a huge difference for me. Not one other person would help me at all__store or corporate.

As a result, I am still a customer and will likely stay aboard unless another atrocity ocurrs. There are situations where 'policy' and integrity collide. My experience fell into that category. I never call Mexico or play games.

I am very grateful for the 2 employees who showed integrity and willingness.
    My 2 bits on T-Mobile.
    Thanks,
    whome
  5. Techtiger4

Techtiger4 New Member

hi

i think u r right
  6. blackmeto

blackmeto Active Member

With VZW i always just ask to speak to the supervisor now.
    Instantaneous fix on anything
  7. gnath9

gnath9 New Member

Maybe I am just lucky getting the right folks at VZW. I have no complaints and they have always done a fantastic job with me.

sent from my Q9c
  8. cyrus12009

cyrus12009 Banned

I agree with customer service point ... If they provide timely support then customers will feel happy. I am using Verizon and I am quite satisfied by their customer service.
  9. mikesmith

mikesmith New Member

T-mobile is the best one...
    No doubt it.