Syncing Q-Vista and Mobile Device Center

Discussion in 'Windows PC and Moto Q' started by Mightymouse17, Oct 7, 2007.

1. Mightymouse17

Mightymouse17 New Member

Syncing Q-Vista and Mobile Device Center

Hi-first off, I'm new and so I apologize if I'm reposting/misusing the forum in any way. I've tried every solution for this problem that I could find in the Everything Q forums.

I bought a Moto Q (sprint) yesterday and have spent 12 hours trying to sync the Q with Windows' Mobile Device Center. Here's what I've tried
    -Unchecking advanced network functionality
    -uninstalling/reinstalling Mobile Device Center
    -Unplugging Q, uninstalling WMDC driver, reinstalling Q w/ forced Windows update
    -Doing a master reset of the phone and reinstalling WMDC

I know absolutely nothing else to try. I'm running Vista Home Premium (32 bit), WMDC 6.1, and Q OS 5.1.195. I'm very disappointed and at this point just want to either get the thing to sync or get my money back.
  2. smwoodward

smwoodward New Member

is your instilation of vista a fresh install or an upgrade?
  3. TXZach

TXZach New Member

I just got my Q9m last week and my initial sync worked fine, uploaded all my contacts and everything. However I added some new music to my computer and wanted to sync to my phone, but I could get the phone to stay connected.

It would begin to sync, then just disconnect. I tried restarting the phone and the computer with no luck. I also have Vista Home edition.

Any help would be much appreciated
  4. Mightymouse17

Mightymouse17 New Member

Good question...I purchased my laptop with Vista already on it (the machine is a Sony cr120e; purchased about a month ago), so I'd assume it's a fresh install. I didn't receive any disc with the OS on it, so I'm not sure I can do a fresh install myself.

I've tried the Q in all 3 USB drives on my laptop and 2 different drives on a different PC.

I did install Mobsync and that found my device and synced a few pictures, but it's a difficult program to use, especially when I'm only trying to add a few files. But that at least tells me that it isn't a phone problem, right?
  5. smwoodward

smwoodward New Member

look for the sticker that has the windows key on it, and tell me if it says windows vista or XP
  6. Mightymouse17

Mightymouse17 New Member

It says Windows Vista.

A moderator in a Microsoft forum suggested that there's something wrong with the phone, but it'll sync with MobSync (which is incredibly cumbersome to use), so that leads me to believe it's not a phone malfunction.
  7. smwoodward

smwoodward New Member

hmmm...... first, do you have anything installed on your PC that is used with your Q, example, smartphonenotes? if so, uninstall them from both your phone and computer. also, go to start, settings, connections, USB to PC, and check to see if enable advanced network functionality is checked or unchecked, change that setting (if it's checked, uncheck it, if it's unchecked, check it), then try it again.

by the way, what does it actually do? open WMDC, when you connect your phone, do you get the options to setup the phone or just connect it witout setting it up?
  8. mshneour

mshneour New Member

WMDC Problems