Sync Error 0x85010014 Sync Issues

Discussion in 'Motorola Q' started by loucious, May 31, 2007.

1. loucious

loucious New Member

Sync Error 0x85010014 Sync Issues

Having final found a solution to my problem I thought I should share it with any of the other tortured souls who are having similar problems.

My System:
    Vista, Windows Mobile Device Center (ActiveSync for Vista)

Problem: Without warning I suddenly started getting a message that my Q would not sync. When I went to the error reports in the WMDC under "details" it left no info. After a ton of hand ringing and hair pulling, I found that the Active Sync on my Q would list the error as Support Code: 0x85010014

After a google search I discovered that this was an issue with Outlook and that Outlook 2007 (and possible earlier version, I wouldn't know) has a section entitled "Office Diagnostics" under the Help drop down. By running the diagnostics it solved the problem.

Hopeful this can help. If not do a google search for "Support Code: 0x85010014" to find additional solutions.

Good Luck
  2. FourTwenSesh

FourTwenSesh Active Member

Thank you for this find, I have Vista and just installed Office 2007.
  3. jskalon

jskalon New Member

It Worked!

Thanks. This problem just reared it's ugly little head the other day.
    This worked for me on XP Pro (Help/Detect and Repair)
  4. bhall238

bhall238 New Member

You deserve a big thanks for that one...

I am officially thanking you for this one. Thank you.
  5. SingBar

SingBar New Member

This is why I love this forum! Solved my problem and had no clue what it was. Amen for EQ!

6. Richard Laughton

Richard Laughton New Member

If you have WINDOWS 7 and MICROSOFT OFFICE 2010 you probably found out you have the same problem. There is NO SOLUTION in that case, so you have to use another computer to recover your contacts if they have been erased during the failed SYNC process. Here is what I posted on the Microsoft site, just in case you are in the same panic as me when I lost it all from my MotoQ9:
    ......................................................................................................