sync and Macs

Discussion in 'Mac and Motorola Q' started by MademoiselleX, Feb 28, 2007.

1. MademoiselleX

MademoiselleX New Member

sync and Macs

Hi All...new to the Q and trying to Sync it up with my Mac, but, I can't get the Sync to open on the Mac system...any advise....help...ideas...please.
    Your help would be greatly appreciated. Basically...I put the disc in, it reads the disc and then offers the menu and when I press setup.exe, it asks what do I want to open it with. I have tried Word, and all Office based programs, but, nothing will open it...am I missing something??? Help
    Thanks
    MademoiselleX:frown:
  2. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

so the CD wont let you install the program?
    if thats the case then try to download active sync...that might work better...
  3. MademoiselleX

MademoiselleX New Member

Actually I can download it, just not open and run it. I have downloaded it from the website as well...I just can't open any of them. It keeps asking which program do I want to open it with.
  4. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

thats odd....just a stupid thought from me here...you are trying to use the MAC install and not windows right....
  5. inf3st

inf3st New Member

Have a look at this thread.
  6. brettgerke

brettgerke New Member

Mac and the Q

The disk that comes standard with the Motorola Q is for Windows only. In order to sync with the Mac, use 'Missing Sync' by MarkSpace. It will set you back $29 or so. Also, go to the forum on Q and Mac for more information.
  7. Jpike005

Jpike005 New Member

.exe is for windows, go with missing sync...works like a charm!