Sygic Navigation Software

Discussion in 'Windows Phone Software' started by Lucky13MN, Mar 14, 2008.

1. Norfolk Q

Norfolk Q New Member

YEAH JHOFF!! :thumbup: Yeah... that is disappointing but for a NON data using program it's worth getting an external GPS. I happened to have an old Earthmate laying around from my Hitachi G1000 ownership days!

Norfolk Q
  2. SimonQ

SimonQ New Member

I am unzipping this now. Sort of excited about it especially with the book that was written on here about it. (thanks Norfolk)

Lets see if it actually works now
  3. Norfolk Q

Norfolk Q New Member

lololol Unzipping took me about 7 minutes! Make sure you EXPLORE your storage card then drag EVERYTHING over to it (unless you have a card reader..if that's the case, just unzip to card... not to a folder on the card).

Norfolk Q
  4. SimonQ

SimonQ New Member

It's asking me if I want to replace a file that's already on there called "drive" did you replace it or not?
  5. Norfolk Q

Norfolk Q New Member

I replaced.
  6. TreeFrog

TreeFrog Active Member

YEAH! It took 8 tries to download this puppy but I just got the full 100% zip! It took a 10mb data connection at work...glad that's over. I guess it's time to unzip, transfer and read Norfolks "guide"! Thanks!!
  7. SimonQ

SimonQ New Member

I have been unzipping for a looooong time now. And of course I unhooked my phone from the computer to listen to the radio and forgot I was unzipping so I had to start over. I am one clever man.
  8. rainmakerrc

rainmakerrc New Member

I know I posted a few pages back about using the GPSID program posted here at EQ a few months back to assign the internal GPS port to a COM port. I haven't tried that yet, so I don't know if that would work. But for you folks that have already downloaded the program and are testing it (I have yet to download it), what about using the combination of the Modaco GPS Activator (COM4 version) and GPStest to assign it to COM4? The folks working with Garmin XT and the internal GPS seem to have been successful with this (even to the point that WLS and Google Maps can use the internal GPS from COM4). I'll try this when I get a chance this weekend, but if someone else wants to try it and report back, I'm sure many would appreciate it.
  9. TreeFrog

TreeFrog Active Member

I already have a folder 2577 too...Sprite backup stuff. I should probably merge the two huh?
  10. rainmakerrc

rainmakerrc New Member

Yup, who needs backup data, right? :tounge:
  11. TreeFrog

TreeFrog Active Member

haha..it almost failed me yesterday! Looks like those sprite files haven't been used since August anyways...but I'll save em! Thanks!!
  12. jhoff80

jhoff80 New Member

Okay, as an FYI with Modaco's com4 GPS activator running, it works perfectly, without even any program running in the background to start the GPS or anything. Also, apparently it won't work to just break it up into separate states because theres apparently some identifier file that only lets it work as a North America map.
  13. Norfolk Q

Norfolk Q New Member

jhoff... I'm getting ready to head to bed but I wonder if you can explain the Modco program and step by step the process for getting it to work with McGuider? Also, I wonder how it would affect battery usage... hmmm

Norfolk Q
  14. rainmakerrc

rainmakerrc New Member

Nice. I can't wait to test it out myself now that we know we can get it to recognize the Q9c's internal GPS.
  15. jhoff80

jhoff80 New Member

http://www.modaco.com/content/Smartphone-Standard-News/262074/Samsung-Blackjack-II-GPS-ACTIVATED/

Install the cab of that, even though it says its for Blackjack II.

I then went into the GPS settings, and manually chose COM4 with 38400 baud rate (though I'm not entirely sure that matters.)

I have the q9c hack for faster satellite acquisition time set up, but sitting in my living room it took about ten seconds to find satellites and display my position.

Honestly, I already have Sprint Navigation included in my plan and I own Garmin Mobile (though I haven't tried that on the q yet, I used that on my Palm OS Treo), so I probably won't ever seriously use this, but more options is always nice. I think I just slightly prefer Garmin, but this does work pretty well.

Also to Norfolk, have you tried disabling the map antialiasing to see if that improved display speeds? And not that I've used it actually driving yet myself, but did Traffic just work for you? its grayed out for me.
  16. TreeFrog

TreeFrog Active Member

I haven't done any road testing yet but I got it installed and working! It was a 7 1/2 hour download ordeal from Sygics server to my Q but I got it. Synced quickly to my external receiver as expected and looks real cool! I"m looking forward to testing further tomorrow!

I will rank it my #1 toughest beta install ever and I hope if newer updates arrive, they are mini modules or something. :smile:
  17. SimonQ

SimonQ New Member

When I try to run the "setupwinmobile" it gives me a Cannot find "autorun" error.

What a pain.
  18. rainmakerrc

rainmakerrc New Member

I didn't have to run anything. After I copied the files over to my SD card via card reader, I inserted my SD card, and the installation started up automatically.
  19. SimonQ

SimonQ New Member

Oh man really? I guess I'll try to put it on my card out of the phone.
  20. jhoff80

jhoff80 New Member

If you had something else installed already such as Sprite, in the 2577 folder, then thatmight be why.