Sygic Navigation Software

Discussion in 'Windows Phone Software' started by Lucky13MN, Mar 14, 2008.

1. SimonQ

SimonQ New Member

I got the pdf no problem, just the damn zip.
  2. Norfolk Q

Norfolk Q New Member

Firefox?

fhoff and others... I'm wondering... I am using Firefox to download the file(s) and since the PDF file seems to only want to open with adobe, will the durn thing actually download correctly using IE (*ick*)???

I will try that after this last one on firefox. If it's a no go then I'll try the IE route...

Norfolk Q
  3. SimonQ

SimonQ New Member

I used firefox for the PDF and had no problems.

I'm gonna try the zip download with IE though as you suggested.
  4. SimonQ

SimonQ New Member

It didn't work. I give up
  5. jhoff80

jhoff80 New Member

Yeah, the pdf should just be an email attachment, so I don't see what the issue is with that. Definitely having major issues with the actual software download though.
  6. SimonQ

SimonQ New Member

Alright so I lied, I haven't given up yet. I was able to download the Baltics one with no problems and open the zip up.

Guess I'll be moving there soon to use some GPS.
  7. Norfolk Q

Norfolk Q New Member

LLOLOLOL Yeah... I downloaded three of the other ones with no issues at all! Just the North America one won't completely download. Get to 46% on FireFox and 43% on IE.

I'm going to email them again about the issue and suggest they break it down via time zones and canada vs the whole she-bang.

Norfolk Q

PS: They are located in Bratslavia, Slovak Republic so I sent the email in Slovenien and Romanian and English (http://www.tranexp.com:2000/Translate/result.shtml)
  8. jhoff80

jhoff80 New Member

I got 850 megs of it this time, way more than the 5 and 10 percent i got the last few times.
  9. Norfolk Q

Norfolk Q New Member

OH MY GAWD!! IT ACTUALLY DOWNLOADED THE WHOLE DURN THING!! 100% i HAVEN'T UNZIPPED IT YET BUT DANG! IT'S ACTUALLY ON MY COMPUTER!

:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:
  10. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

i gave up and will try again when i get home...
  11. Norfolk Q

Norfolk Q New Member

Unzipping now. Takes about 10 minutes but I STILL can't get the pdf. BTW, I accidentally clicked on the northamericaxxxxx.zip file and it gave me a 403 error (don't have authorization to access that page). Tells me that once you've successfully downloaded the file you cannot go back to it again.

To those of you who got the PDF, are their installation instructions on it?

Norfolk Q
  12. SimonQ

SimonQ New Member

No instructions on the PDF, it's like a survey you fill out and send back.
  13. jhoff80

jhoff80 New Member

Now i'm just getting "you dont' have permission to access ... on this server"
  14. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

there are but the PDF is mostly a form you email back to them for beta testing feedback
  15. Norfolk Q

Norfolk Q New Member

Ok... thanks.
  16. Norfolk Q

Norfolk Q New Member

Make sure your Q is already sync'd 'cause this thing starts to try to install as soon as it's extracted/unzipped! Syncing mine now. Be back after it gets going. Looks like the "setup file" is called "SetupWinMobile."

I was wrong. It says in the email to copy over to your storage card (mine is a 4G SDHC Class 6). Copying the entire unzipped file over now.
  17. Norfolk Q

Norfolk Q New Member

Just an update... 40 minutes later and it's STILL copying the files over to the storage card!

norfolk q
  18. jhoff80

jhoff80 New Member

Still giving me a message that I don't have permission to download it.
  19. Norfolk Q

Norfolk Q New Member

Sygic loaded

Ok folks... so here's where I stand. All files copied over to the storage card. Clicked on SetupWinMobile and installation started. BE CAREFUL... THERE ARE 4 OR 5 APPROVALS SO SLOW YOUR Q FINGERS DOWN WHEN PUSHING BUTTONS!

Program does not use internal GPS. I have a spare Earthmate GPS BT-20 so I paired that up: MAKE SURE YOUR BT GPS IS PAIRED FIRST OR THE SYSTEM WILL TRY TO FIND IT AND IT GOES WAY TO FAST TO TRY TO PUT IN YOUR PAIRING CODE (USUALLY 0000).

Program is called McGuider and navigating around the program will take time... It does use the Q9C landscaped screen and uses the entire screen.

Right now I'm trying to find the darn screen to turn on the GPS within the program. Oh wow! I just found a voices screen. English is "Jane" and "Betty."

Back to GPS. Made sure it's turned on (paired) before finding it in the program. I'm telling you... there is NOTHING easy about locating the settings. It IS in Hardware Settings. Go to COM port and put GPS on COM 1. WARNING: USING AUTODETECT FOUND THE GPS BUT DID NOT GIVE TIME TO SELECT IT. SELECT MANUALLY AS DEFINED ABOVE!

Next I went to Synchronize Time. It synchronized me to midnight:50 but right now it is 18:50 (6:50pm EST).

There are LOTS of selections in SETTINGS. Heck, you can even select if you are a pedestrian or a bicyclist! SWEEEEEEEEET!

Next navigate to Regional settings. This is where you will set your time zone (-5 hours, Indiana EST for me), miles vs kilometers, lat/long settings. Once this is done THEN synch again.

Click Back twice and you are where you want to be. Has me in my living room, 4 full bars of signal, street name. I walked to my backyard (which is actually another street (we live on a pass through lot where our address is on the front and our driveway is on another street.) The system recognizes it.

That's all I have for now. Gonna actually use it tomorrow. Will see what happens and post then!

Norfolk Q
  20. cheri

cheri Active Member

lol @ McGuider.

Thank you for all your hard work