Sygic Navigation Software

Discussion in 'Windows Phone Software' started by Lucky13MN, Mar 14, 2008.

1. Norfolk Q

Norfolk Q New Member

Guess I'm sorta lucky. My better half is an IT administrator for a hospital so our bandwidth at home is far more then we ever use!. Looks like this download is only going to take about 30 minutes! YEAH!! I HOPE it's so big not just because of the maps but I HOPE it has voice directions too. That's the main reason I use Sprint Navigation (the voice, while not sexy, works!)

For those of you who don't have it yet, just know that it has a built in trial expiration date (4/15/2008). Ifn ya don't mind, Rude, Simon, Lucky, et al, I may hit you up later via pm for steps to install to the "root of the memory card." The email says that's where it has to go. I'm HOPING that means copy the whole durn thing over to the card and not onto a folder on the card.

Ciao for now!

Norfolk Q
  2. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

woohoo just got the email too!
  3. TreeFrog

TreeFrog Active Member

yea...me too! Gonna have to get a bigger card though...
  4. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

ditto here... i write them back that i will withdraw :}
  5. Norfolk Q

Norfolk Q New Member

Dang blast it!! Looks like the "device report," an attached PDF file can only be ready by Adobe Acrobat Reader!! ARRRRRRRRRGH!! I use FoxIt and it won't open the durn file!! ARRRRGH!!

Norfolk Q
  6. n99hockey

i think im going to write them about the file size
    should be broken to regions, states or something...cant assume everyone has a card larger than 2gig
  7. jhoff80

jhoff80 New Member

Well I don't mind it being so large, personally. However, they should really host a torrent or something, because I tried 3 times to download it and it failed after a couple hundred megs.
  8. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

good plan imo...

or just on an ftp with resume..
  9. cheri

cheri Active Member

Heck if I am reading this right I would need another memory card lol.
    I got the email a few minutes ago.
  10. Norfolk Q

Norfolk Q New Member

Sorry for the delay. Got caught up trying to get something other then Adobe to open this doggone PDF file (lawd knows I despise acrobat*)!! But the download finished. Getting ready to more the file into its' own folder on the desktop and extract it.

BEAR WITH ME AS I DO A STEP BY STEP
    I WILL EDIT THIS POST WITH EACH STEP

Does anyone know yet if this needs an external GPS or will the Q9C internal suffice and if it does will I need to do a hack to make it work with this program?

Just plugged the phone into sych (WinXP SP2)
    Synch complete.
    Created a folder on desktop called Sygic
    Moved NorthAmerica357681.zip into that folder
    Extracted via ExtractNow
    Says Extracted 100% but then nothing. No indication the file extracted/unzipped. (to test I just unzipped another zip file and it worked perfectly)
    .... uhhh.... help
  11. n99hockey

this is gong to take 3 damn days at the office here...ugh
  12. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

in the meantime do some stuff on your to do list :}
  13. n99hockey

pfffffffffffft....id have to find the list:laugh2:
  14. Norfolk Q

Norfolk Q New Member

AHA!! The first thing on your list must have been "find the list!" lololol

Sent email to Sygix about inability to unzip their file. Waiting on response (see post #50)
  15. jhoff80

jhoff80 New Member

Are you sure the download completed without getting corrupt?
  16. Norfolk Q

Norfolk Q New Member

Well... in fact it IS corrupt! Just did another test on it (tried to explore the file). Re-downloading. Thanks jhoff.

Norfolk Q
  17. SimonQ

SimonQ New Member

I've tried 3 downloads and it has corrupted each time.

Anyone else had any luck?
  18. jhoff80

jhoff80 New Member

For those of you who are saying it should be able to be broken into parts- it appears that within the archive's maps folder, it is already broken up by state. The download was corrupted for me, but I could already see folders for can, uak, ual, uar, etc, which appears to simply be Canada followed by Us-Alaska, Alabama, Arizona, etc. I'd be willing to bet that it would probably still work if you copied over only a couple of the folders.

Can't test that theory until I get a download to work though.
  19. n99hockey

excellent!!
    nice find
  20. Norfolk Q

Norfolk Q New Member

Yeah... I'm up to 4 times downloading and still corrupted. Same with the PDF file in the initial email. I really despise Adobe Acrobat but that may be the ONLY program that will open the darn thing!

Sent email to the company telling them about the corruption occurring during download. No response yet.

Norfolk Q