Switching Between Applications

Discussion in 'HTC Snap | Ozone' started by artietyro, Aug 9, 2009.

1. artietyro

artietyro New Member

Switching Between Applications

Hi All

Hopefully I am not missing something really obvious...otherwise this is a really dumb question.....Is there an easy way to switch between active applications...or even tell what applications are open.....Task Manager kind of works but...once you move away from it, you have to go through the multiple keystrokes to open it again.

Thanks
  2. DECGTC

DECGTC New Member

Task Manager

A quick way to get to task manager (without multiple keystrokes) is holding down the "Home" button...
  3. artietyro

artietyro New Member

Cool---Thanks
  4. ParaCAD

ParaCAD New Member

sigh :)

set a speed dial key to take you straight to task manager
  5. DECGTC

DECGTC New Member

What I was saying is that you do not have to setup a speed dial at all... It's already built into the phone... Press and Hold the home button...
  6. ParaCAD

ParaCAD New Member

Ah, I see, good point.....thats just how i'm set up, and it'll always take you directly to it. since the Home shortcut is 2 steps...but you're right that is quicker than the using the start menu.
  7. chinch

chinch New Member

any way to shorten the HOME kep press time needed to launch task manager? It's a great feature but (like the lock key hold) would be a useful customization.

double-click home for task manager would be even better.
  8. bitterpoet

bitterpoet New Member

I agree. I know I'm being picky but it would be nice if you could shorten the time to hold or double click the home button to access the task manager. Hopefully someone will figure out a reg hack or maybe I'll have to look into that myself.
  9. DECGTC

DECGTC New Member

A 3 second hold time is too long? I remember the days when we actually had to wait for the water to boil on the stove! :dft012:wink

Sorry, don't have anything to help... Hopefully someone will figure this out for you...
  10. jhalsey205

jhalsey205 Member

You might consider using something like AE Button Plus to map your task manager to a specific key/button. I have my red "call end" mapped to ae button plus to kill the active app via a double tap, so it actually closes the active application. It is discussed in a few different threads, including this one. I have it running on my Moto Napoleon (and Q9C before that).

John