Streaming radio

Discussion in 'Windows Phone Software' started by J Mazz, Aug 3, 2006.

1. roadrunner441

roadrunner441 New Member

Shoutcast

Is there a plugin needed for the original Q. I keep getting file not supported when I try to listen.
  2. Golden Y

Golden Y New Member

3. sigma_wrx

sigma_wrx New Member

4. Tech.erella

Tech.erella New Member

None of these links work for me :( I checked my file associaton on TCPMP and they were all checked. Any ideas?
  5. TCKelsey05

TCKelsey05 New Member

for thestreamcenter.com is there any way to like save the stations you want so you dont have to search through them all every time?
  6. GldnBear

GldnBear New Member

When I click on a link, a play list file (extension pls) is downloaded onto your device. You should be able to open that file from your media player.
  7. marjwilliams

marjwilliams New Member

Well I went back later and the original link worked. Amazingly it was my work filters blocking the stream since my Q was synched. So now i know not to plug it in to my docking station until after I get the stream going.
  8. SHOTOVER

SHOTOVER New Member

You could also try:

www.TalkStreamLive.mobi

The Talk and Sports Radio streams will play on Windows Media Player but you will need TCPMP for the Music streams.
  9. GldnBear

GldnBear New Member

If you check the MMS protocol and Windows metafiles in File Associations in TCPMP, then you can get the streams that normally play in WMP to play in TCPMP.
  10. gorgarath

gorgarath New Member

I had tried doing this before on my Q9m but got the media type not supported message. After some searching I found I needed to copy 2 dll's to the \Windows directory for TCPMP to play Windows audio streams.
    On my Q now about to take my daughter to see a movie else I'd post the link. I'll post the link when I get back home if someone else doesn't beat me to it.
  11. Giddaltti

Giddaltti New Member

I was amazed to have logged into my Rapsody account, and find that it p/u my phone as a device. It even read my card, and wala..Now I have downloaded music straight from rapsody to my phone. How cool is that..getting rid of my MP3 or atleast handing it down to my kids.