Streaming Radio or TV/Movies on Q9C over PIE?

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9c' started by jtsarnak, Dec 11, 2007.

1. jtsarnak

jtsarnak New Member

Streaming Radio or TV/Movies on Q9C over PIE?

I got the YouTube trick working with TCPMP but wading through all the junk on that website is painful.

Does anybody use PIE to stream radio or TV/Movies? What websites do you use and is it simple to do?
  2. Breeze Loo

Breeze Loo New Member

try ytpocket.com for a no-nonsense youtube experience (this is not the same as the mobile version of youtube's site. youtube's mobile version does not give you access to all video, only some specially encoded ones for mobile devices. ytpocket will bring up the videos that you would normally get on a youtube search).

for radio, try www.thestreamcenter.com/pda

i got nothing for your for tv/movies (i've had a slingbox for a loooong time so i use slingbox mobile, naturally :tounge:)
  3. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

for free tv you could try wifTV...

but as the previous poster said, nothing better then a Slingbox if you are serious about watching tv.
  4. danwo

danwo New Member

You know I've been considering purchasing a Slingbox. Is it really as good and seamless as people make it out to be?
  5. Breeze Loo

Breeze Loo New Member

i was an early adopter of the original slingbox (slingbox "classic" as it's called now) and even back then the installation and use was a...umm...breeze. the main limiting factor is your home internet's upload speed. if you have around 256kbps upload, then you should be good to go.
  6. MBK2

MBK2 New Member

There is also a free alternative if you don't mind some buffering stops here and there with PIE. Orb.com is something that you may be interested in. You just need a TV tuner on your PC, preferrably MCE, and then set up a user ID with Orb.com and install the Orb program on your PC. You will then have access to anything on your PC including TV, movie files, music, documents... You just can't access any personal info like your SSN or credit card/ bank account numbers. I have mine blocked by my frewall until I want to use it. And I don't have any personal info on the PC I use Orb on.

Orb.com has been around for over 2 years and used to be a per monthly service, it's not bad at all, especially if you were to use your Q tethered to your laptop.
  7. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

Orb is cool, but the supported tv tuner cards are not cheap and if i was to pick i would spent that mone on a Slingbox.

if you already have a compatible tv card, wel then it's a no brainer :}

posted on the Q.
  8. MBK2

MBK2 New Member

Yeah, if you already have a TV Tuner installed, it is indeed a no brainer...

It is also a good idea if you'd like to capture the video/TV to your harddrive, which I do alot, so that adds another dimension to the Tuner card. Unless Slingbox can be set up to do that, not sure...
  9. Dragonheart8588

Dragonheart8588 New Member

I was wondering guys, whether I need a adapter for headphone to listen music? Thanks.
  10. rainmakerrc

rainmakerrc New Member

Yes, unless your headphones have the smaller 2.5mm plug already. Most headphone plugs (for mp3 players and other portable audio equipment) are 3.5mm. Most cell phones (including the Q9c) have a 2.5mm jack.
  11. danwo

danwo New Member

You know, that always bothered me.