Stream music from MOTO Q 9m to car stereo via bluetooth?

Discussion in 'Bluetooth' started by overflowing, Jan 13, 2008.

1. overflowing

overflowing New Member

Stream music from MOTO Q 9m to car stereo via bluetooth?

Do they make car stereos where I can have a bluetooth connection to the stereo in my car and play music from my Motorola MOTO Q 9m?

Anyone have any experience with this?
  2. mike250rs

mike250rs New Member

wouldn't it be cheaper to use an audio cable from existing unit to headphone jack?

I have seen several BT ar kits that connects with the phone and use a FM transmitter to stereo. I'm sure they do make a BT ready head unit, just sure who has one.
  3. overflowing

overflowing New Member

For sure it would be cheaper to get an audio cable and that is the route I was originally intending to go but then I thought maybe bluetooth would be an option. Either way I'll have to buy a new stereo as mine doesn't have an auxillary input jack. I'm currently using an FM transmitter unit and I find that it sucks.

Besides it seems like it would be convenient to have a wireless setup.
  4. mike250rs

mike250rs New Member

ahh, propably hve a CD player so a tape deck adapter won't be an option either.
  5. overflowing

overflowing New Member

yep, cd player.
  6. haroldini

haroldini New Member

You have several options - go window-shopping at Crutchfield. You'll find they have a HUGE selection of radios - you can match your car to see what fits. We had the JVC KD-AVX33 before someone decided they wanted it more than we did and acquired it from our car. A bit pricey though...
  7. overflowing

overflowing New Member

Finally got around to doing this and the bluetooth works great for streaming music! I ended up getting the following:

SONY MEX-BT2600 for about $130 USD.
  8. 1oddmanout

1oddmanout Member

9. overflowing

overflowing New Member

10. overflowing

overflowing New Member

Having used this for a while now I have two minor gripes with streaming bluetooth music.

1. When I turn bluetooth on on my phone, it seems the phone functions automatically hooks up to the stereo, but the music streaming doesn't. I have to manually go into my phone's blue tooth manager section and go to headset and tell it to connect to my stereo. It' be nice if it did this automatically.

2. I often listen to long audio books and it seems to frequently loose my place in a given audio track when I shut off bluetooth (because I'm leaving my car) and reconnect later. (I found if I leave the track playing, then turn off my car and bluetooth it seems to remember and then when reconnecting if I start the track playing again before turning on bluetooth it seems to remember, so I guess that's a workaround but kind of a hassle)

I don't know if this is specific to my stereo or the Q9M or all bluetooth. If anyone has any ideas for work arounds let me know.