straight answer on deleting emails on my Q

Discussion in 'Motorola Q' started by Petenice1980, Jul 1, 2006.

1. Petenice1980

Petenice1980 New Member

straight answer on deleting emails on my Q

I can;t get a straight answer from Q tech support, and i can find no info on any of their scarce documentation. What are the rules regarding deleting emails off my Q, and how it affects it on my server? I have currently been able to set up my yahoo mail account via pop3. My concern is that when I delete emails off my Q, it will go and delete them off my yahoo web account. I do not want this. It doesn't appear to do this, but when I delete an email off my q, it eventually re-downloads it again after I send and recieve twice.

Can anyone tell me what the ground rules are for this? and where is the options that let me choose exactly how I want my Q to interact with my mail server (much like outlook has)?

btw, I am just using my q and my web enabled version of yahoo email. No outlook, nothing else. (i own a mac.)
    ----UPDATE--
    Wait, maybe it IS deleting emails off my yahoo account. But, is the main point that the Q automatically removes old email (ie, if I download email only from the past day, it removes read messages that are over a day old)? Meaning, i don't have to delete email off it?
  2. CodeGuy

CodeGuy New Member

My experience, using WirelessSync to grab my email, is that none of my emails have ever been deleted from the account, or from Outlook. The WirelessSync really is the way to go with this device. When you set each account up inside the Q, and just pull them on demand, from the Q, I'm not sure if deleting them from the Q also removes them from the email server.
    Grego
  3. sbagdan

sbagdan New Member

My Q is linked with wireless sync to my Outlook and they mirror each other. It is GREAT!
  4. bmwbig6

bmwbig6 New Member

Does it mirror things like when you move an email from the Inbox to another folder?
  5. sbagdan

sbagdan New Member

I have all my email sorted on receive, so the Q never actually tells me there is any email since the inbox is ALWAYS empty. But all I do is open mail, and outlook, and go to folders and select the folder (it syncs all folders under "inbox") and I can read my mail that way.

It works for me...
  6. bmwbig6

bmwbig6 New Member

Hmm, what if your email is sorted to move an email to a folder not beneath Inbox? Or what if you move to a folder manually? My problem is that when I move email to Junk Mail, it still appears in the Inbox on my phone.