Storage Space Keeps running out!

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9m' started by q2m-va, Feb 27, 2009.

1. q2m-va

q2m-va New Member

Storage Space Keeps running out!

My Q9M with WM6 keeps running out of storage space. I cleared all my temporary internet files/history etc, and things got better for a few days, but now I'm at about 5 MB's of free space, and it keeps going down. I was down to 3MB's when I purchased a storage card and did the email, attachments, and IE registry edits to move as much as possible to the card. That helped a little bit, but even after I deleted the old files for email and IE after I switched the directories to the card, I still have very little space. Every application I have is installed only on the card, and I have spent hours going through all the files on my Q to figure out what could possibly be using all my storage space. I've pretty much deleted every file I can, and I'm still operating around the 5MB free range.

Any ideas???
  2. dafoxs

dafoxs New Member

install sktools and run it it will find junk and remove it. trash all text messages, turn of predictive text and clear out that history.
  3. q2m-va

q2m-va New Member

I had been using sktools. Clearing the texts and turning off predictive text and clearing the history got me about another 1mb. Any other ideas?
  4. dafoxs

dafoxs New Member

if all your programs are on you card and everything is cleaned, you should have close to 40mb free. Do have songs, ringtones, old cab files etc stored in the main memory?
  5. infernox51

infernox51 New Member

do you have any apps that are creating log files?
  6. TreeFrog

TreeFrog Active Member

sktools standard has a show large file hog option...
  7. Weapondrift

Weapondrift New Member

Q2m. If you download thing to you phone you will get two options Storage card or Main memory. In my experience, I have found that no matter what it downloads to your main memory in the My Documents folder. Move the downloaded file to your storage card and you should be good.
  8. Brent372

Brent372 New Member

Do you have VZAppZone installed?
    If you do, remove it if you don't need it.
    If you do need it check \Program Files\VZAppZone\Temp\Temp\
    and delete everything.
  9. Q-Area51

Q-Area51 Guest

Are your ring tones on your device or SD card? :) -Q
  10. ParaCAD

ParaCAD New Member

How big is your storage card?
  11. dafoxs

dafoxs New Member

Phil Collins
  12. ninjaap

ninjaap Moderator

One More Night
  13. dafoxs

dafoxs New Member

no repy at all.
  14. ParaCAD

ParaCAD New Member

WTF? You effers' confuse the hell outta me...2nd thread i've seen Phil mentioned
  15. Q-Area51

Q-Area51 Guest

You braggin' or complainin???? :) -Q