Stimulus Package and YOU!

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by cheri, Apr 30, 2008.

1. PacoJr67

PacoJr67 Active Member

here's the trick though. With almost everything we buy a large portion of the profit will go overseas, except for beer tobacco and some less desireable professions....
    I propose a party...
  2. cheri

cheri Active Member

You have a very good point Paco. (wonders what the less desirable professions are?)

Where is the party? Im going to Reno/Tahoe anyone else is welcome to join in.

LOL
  3. PacoJr67

PacoJr67 Active Member

Although the (my own) idea of a party is tempting, I've been waiting 5 years for the chance to by a laptop to come around. I'm not waisting this chance. But it has a webcam so there could be a party on the internets...
  4. cheri

cheri Active Member

here is where age shows. Id wrather party than have a laptop.
    I am not seriously serious any way. Chances of something like that coming into
    fruition is slim to none...i would not be the planner of such an occasion :)
  5. mike250rs

mike250rs New Member

so using Paco's idea buying beer and wimins will help stimulate the local economy? interesting...
  6. K3SRK

K3SRK New Member

It'll stimulate something.
  7. cheri

cheri Active Member

Are you suggesting something other than the economy because if that is the case then that is just un-American (JOKING) :)
  8. cheri

cheri Active Member

Yeah, dont even get me started on the jokes we have had going about that one and the fact that the package is coming from the Chinese. It is almost too much to bear in the humor department.
  9. TarHeelsRule!

TarHeelsRule! New Member

I am getting caught on a few bills and like Cheri, part is earmarked for a tattoo. Haven't gotten my grandbabies footprint yet.
    Don't really see how it's going to stimulate the economy when so much of us are playing the catch up game.
    But oh well, I will be happy to see it! :)
  10. cheri

cheri Active Member

I am in that boat with you THR!
  11. piranah

piranah New Member

well, if i was going to get a stim check, i would spend it fixing my car (loose wheel bearing)....

but since i have student loans, all my stimulus check is going to that, automatically, without me even seeing a check...its a lovely little loophole they threw into the mix....YAY government...

oh, and the first time in 4 years that i would be getting a tax return? they took $275 out of my 480 that i would have been getting back to apply to child support...i wouldnt mind this if it actually all went to my kids, but since my ex is on ssi, she doesnt see the money...it goes to the gov and they apply it...

yea, im a little pissed this tax season
  12. cheri

cheri Active Member

Interesting loop hole...since that will NOT stimulate a damn thing.

My ex started receiving ssi after our divorce. Funny thing is since it was not based on past employment but on "need" we did not see a damn thing ever. I never ever, ever recieved anything from him in any way for support. Mario saw him once when he was about 7 and then got a phone call (when he graduated from HS a year early and went to bootcamp) and alot of the time on the phone was spent bashing me. Maybe he still misses me LOL. I mean come on 16 years later and I had not uttered a word about what I went through, I never bad mouthed the guy. Needless to say I still did not say much until recently when I "had" to say something.
  13. Tech.erella

Tech.erella New Member

Well, there is sooo much stuff I can do with the $600, buy a boat, pay off my bills, go on vacation, get a new furniture set, give my mom some money, move out, take everyone I have ever known out to dinner at the fanciest restaurant in NYC..........Buck Fush (Switch first letters)
  14. cheri

cheri Active Member

lol tech
    he is probably using his for tp
  15. Tech.erella

Tech.erella New Member

I hope he gets anal papercuts....
  16. mike250rs

mike250rs New Member

that made me almost cry..ouchie
  17. pgreenbe305

pgreenbe305 New Member

I'll take it gladly...

After my business' income equaling $80K (which flows to me) and then paying a total of $31K in taxes, the $600 won't even come close to helping me. Paying 39% of your income to the government sucks, and that's with the current administration... I need to be real scared.
  18. cheri

cheri Active Member

There are many senarios....i know in my community there are people losing their homes left and right, jobs are disappearing, $600 isnt even a band aid but gas and food money can come in handy.

I know working for physicians as I have in the past their income tax bracket is 50% plus or minus. I guess they do not tell them before or during medical school to prepare for the line of business and income they are in.

I think no matter where on the tax bracket we are we all have some issues about how much they take.
  19. mike250rs

mike250rs New Member

trick is to have a good/creative accountant. After deducting for fuel, my tax guy managed to write off 70k in work expenses and truck payments/repairs.

don't get me started about fuel prices..spent 58k last year on it.
  20. Geekster

Geekster New Member

Dang! I complained about my gas bill last year. In some parts of the country that's almost a house! Ouch!
    I think my check is going for gas money so we can get back & forth to work. Everyone tells me I need a small car but the truck is paid for and with everything still going up I'm afraid to commit to payments. So, nothing else for it, just rough it out and move on.