Stereo Headphone question

Discussion in 'Motorola Q Accessories' started by BubbaRob, Nov 6, 2006.

1. BubbaRob

BubbaRob New Member

Stereo Headphone question

Hi,

Can the "Q" accept any 2.5mm stereo headphones or does it have to be :"Q" specific? I found a pair that I like but its "universal" according to the package. I don't care if the call answer or Mute buttons do not work as long as I can use them for music and movies which is my main goal. I use bluetooth for calls. I know I could get an adapter but I'd really like to just hook a set up directly. I think I read somewhere that the "Q" has a 4-conductor plug and so I want to confirm this before I order.

Thanks,

Rob
  2. larsdennert

larsdennert Active Member

No, you need a specific adapter and not the kind sold at radio shack that just adapts the size down. The wiring is different on the Q because there is a microphone lead down there.
  3. inf3st

inf3st New Member

4. cristovao

cristovao New Member

stupid freaking adapter

See, I was about to get the adapter listed in the store here but shipping to Canada is $30, three times the cost of the item. Plus, it's shipped via UPS which will undoubtedly charge up to $20 for brokerage fees and customs. Trying to find one of these in Canada is dang near impossible.

Does anyone know if one of these can be found on this side of the border???
  5. cristovao

cristovao New Member

Does anyone even read this anymore? I've been searching for weeks to no avail. I'm pretty frustrated and annoyed at Motorola and Telus for not offering such a simple little adapter for a phone they push so much.

I even had a Motorola CSR from South America tell me exactly what part number I needed but he said he couldn't send me one because I didn't live in the U.S. After calling Motorola Canada and providing them with the part number, they were clueless and stated that they had no way of sending me a part that they don't have. How can you not have a part for your own phone? I don't understand why this is such a mess!?!?!?!

Someone PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE HELP!
  6. lil_jimmy_norton

lil_jimmy_norton New Member

I wouldn't mind mailing you the adapter from Radio Shack. It's no big deal. Just PM me if you want me to.
  7. killajroc

killajroc New Member

8. killajroc

killajroc New Member

Dont buy these!!! they dont work for the motorola Q. i bought these and they didnt work so i called motorola up and they told me the Q wasnt compatible with these... sry
  9. larsdennert

larsdennert Active Member

BT headphones always work.
  10. Querl Dox

Querl Dox New Member

How about this pair of headphones? It has a button for answering/hanging up and gel pads for your ears. It works great on my Q. Oh, and there's quite of selection of 2.5mm to 3.5mm/3.5mm to 2.5mm adapter over there, too at a reasonable price.