"Stay Unlock" for forced device lock?

Discussion in 'Windows Phone Software' started by TreeFrog, Oct 4, 2007.

1. TreeFrog

TreeFrog Active Member

"Stay Unlock" for forced device lock?

I stumbled on a little app that might keep a Q from getting/keeping a forced device lock state. I quess its been around awhile, so I thought someone might know if it works. All the threads I've read show how to Reg edit, but the settings revert back. The company I work for, forces the "device lock" on my Q, so every 20min of no use it locks up, messes with my black soft keys, can't schedule a weekly backup,and ultimatley is a real pain. I can keep doin the Reg edit thing, but if this works...

Page 2 on this link starts talking about it, with the zip/cab provided. Sounds real positive, but I thought I'd see first if it made someones Q melt or their companies IT department came knocking on there door.

http://mobilitytoday.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13030

I might be the guinea pig if no ones tried it, or has a better alternative.
  2. TreeFrog

TreeFrog Active Member

No one yet I see...maybe better off in the Hacks forum? :embarassed:

I know it's been 26 hours and NO device lock. I am very happy about that!!
  3. wannaQ

wannaQ New Member

Been using it for weeks with 1and1.com hosted exchange which forces a security policy device lock every 24 hours. If the security policy registry key change is made and the device lock options are turned off, when this program is installed, it will prevent the exchange server from making the security policy change again in the future. It does work great!
  4. TreeFrog

TreeFrog Active Member

Hey, thanks! I haven't tried StayUnlock yet...was scared, I admit it! :gasp:

I did the the reg edit to "un-grey" the ability to turn off/on the lock, changed the time from 20 min to 24 hours(max), and then enabled the lock again. Thinking my company will see it's enabled and leave it alone. I've had no IT pushes yet, and as long as I use my Q within a 24hr timeframe (can't put it down for more than 10 min, sometimes 21min!), I think I'm OK. It does lock on a soft-boot, oh well.

Maybe I'll brave up and give er a try. It might be nice to be able to schedule my Sprite backups.......Did you get it from the above thread?

Thanks again!
  5. wannaQ

wannaQ New Member

It works fine, just runs in the background and if the server makes the reg change, when the device wakes up, the program just changes it back first so the device lock doesn't kick in. You don't even know it's there. Yes I found it from the MobilityToday article.